Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmercier Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 04:44 PM
    I need HELP I don't know what to do about my ex?
    My ex girlfriend wanted me back, however when we started to see each other, here mother attacked me with extrême anger. I did nothing wrong to here or my ex, she just hates my guts. Now since then my ex call it off and doesn't want to talk about it. She started seaying other people. I told here many times that here mother doesn't control here life but she keeps saying that she doesn't want to defend me or fight with her mother. I don't know what to do? I know it here crazy mother that is the cause. If it was not for here we would still be together. We have kids also together and this is totally wrong cause the are in the middle of this.

Thks !

Mr. J-M
    Chadl0420 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 04:47 PM
    If she is old enough to have kids, and her own mom is still controlling her, then she will always be in control. I say through in the towel and find someone that not still attached to the tit. Lol Ultimatly, blood is thicker than water and I don't see her turing on her mom for you or anyone
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Jun 20, 2008, 04:58 PM
    You need to point out that you have kids and if you both have feelings for each other, its definitely worth trying, regardless of what her mother thinks. BUT.. what was the reason you broke up before? Was the only reason her mother? Does her mother really just dislike you for no reason or is there a valid reason? You should speak with your ex, if you love her you'de try and work it out with the mother. There is ALWAYS a reason for someone disliking someone else, whether it be something uv done, or even just your character, so just ask your ex if she knows why her mum doesn't like you. You may not like her mother, but maybe you should sit down with her and try and have a chat about why she feels that way about you.. maybe you could change her mind? Or if not, at least agree to keeping the peace for her daughters sake and happiness?
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 20, 2008, 05:19 PM
    If you have not been able to ween her off her mother yet, after having children with her, you will never be able to do it, so get used to her mother staying in the picture.

I would suggest meeting on neutral ground so that you can spend time with the children, and promise not to bring up the subject of her mother.

This should not wind up being a competition.. it should be all about you and your relationship with the children. You don't have to see their grandmother ever again if you don't want to, but you need to accept the fact that she is their grandmother and stop placing your 'woman' in the middle of it all. It's stressful and childish.

You might get back together, or just might not, but as a father - this should not be your priority. Be a good dad, as this is the only thing you have certain control over. Don't force them to be in the middle either - that would be a big mistake.

Good luck.

Take a look at the whole picture and repaint it if you want people to change their mind about you.. there is always room for improvement - whether the other is willing or not.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 21, 2008, 05:32 PM
    Just try being a good dad, and leave the drama queens alone. Pray for their sanity.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 05:41 PM
    How old are both of you? Do you have your own place?
    Have you filed for joint custody? Get to see your kids? Pay child support?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Want to adopt but don't want to wait and don't have all the money [ 12 Answers ]

Ok first off Im a single mom to 1, my biological son is 2 almost 3. I love being a single mom, the only thing is I am 22 and can not adopt through an agency till Im 25. I wanted to have a sibling for my son by the time he was 3 or at least be talking about him getting one... I want him to be the...

I don't know why? [ 2 Answers ]

My question is? I've date an italian guy for about 2 yrs and of course every woman have certain qualities that we all want in a man, well he had all those great qualities that I wanted in a man. After 2 years he dumps me till this day I don't know what I feel but I do know that when he broke up...

I really don't know how to get over him! [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so I really like this guy and we kind of had a thing and then I find out he's talking about me to my friends and then I totally yelled at him and then recently I said sorry and he said it back. I would love to have a relationship with him but he's been crazy over this one girl for over a year...

I don't know what to do with myself [ 7 Answers ]

I really don't know what to do about myself... Since 10th grade in high school I have been put on anti depressants and they helped for a while but I didn't like the way they made me feel and Im one of those people that just don't take medicine... whether I have a cold or an infection I never...

I don't know what to do? [ 9 Answers ]

I really need some advice I love her and she love's me but I can't stand her anymore not that I'm bored it just look all I wanted from the beggning is to make her happy, put a smile on her face, and make her forget all her problem. But she keeps pushing me into a place were I can't breath, I'm so...

View more questions Search