Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kprowland1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 11:47 AM
    Outlook 2003 missing emails
    I have outlook 2003 running on an terminal server. I also have a laptop and blackberry 7130. When I open outlook on the terminal, it is missing the emails in the in box. I have them on my laptop as well as my blackberry but not on the terminal account. Any ideas? Thanks.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 12:43 PM
    THIS WEEK'S POWERTIP
    Are you missing email? By Diane Poremsky

"My email is disappearing" is a simple question frequently posed to Outlook and Exchange support groups. There are several causes for this phenomenon. The most common causes are filtered views, rules on the client, or an improperly configured Exchange account. Less common is an anti-spam or content manager scanner removing suspect messages.
    If your mail disappears as soon as you've read it, it's probably because you're using a read-only view. The default Outlook setting for the preview or reading pane is Mark as read after 5 seconds and when the view refreshes the message is hidden. It's less of a problem with Outlook 2003 because the view isn't refreshed until you leave a folder and return or press F5.

If you're using Exchange and you see the message arrive in the Inbox and it immediately disappears, you likely have a *.pst configured as the default delivery location. With the *.pst set as the default delivery location, the messages are moved out of the mailbox and into the *.pst as they arrive in Outlook. Verify the profile is using the Exchange mailbox as the message store not a personal message store. Look for this setting in Tools, Email accounts, View or change existing email accounts. It's at the bottom of the Account manager dialog. In Outlook 97/98/2000, look for account properties using the Tools, Services dialog.

If the delivery location is correct and you don't have another profile open on another computer getting you email, or aren't using an Exchange mailbox, check the rules in Tools, Rules Wizard. Disable all of the rules and re-enable them one at a time, verifying they work as expected.

Both Exchange and POP3 accounts can have errant rules moving messages to another folder. While rules are less likely to cause a message to disappear right before your eyes, rules are responsible when you see or hear the new mail notification alert but discover there isn't new mail in the Inbox.

If the email server uses a content control or anti-spam scanner and mail you're expecting doesn't arrive, check for quarantined messages. In most cases the messages are quarantined before they make it to Outlook, but some scanners can be run offline, (i.e. after the mail is in your Inbox). While the junk email feature in Outlook 2003 doesn't have a "run offline" feature, the junk email filter scans all the email in all Exchange mailbox folders when you create a new cached mode message store, moving suspected junk email to the junk email folder. So if you're using Outlook 2003 and are missing email after creating a new *.ost, look in the Junk email folder.

SOURCE: Are you missing email?
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Jun 25, 2008, 10:35 AM
    This is not uncommon if you are using Exchange Cache Mode. Delete the OST file and let Outlook build a new one.
    brandystonel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2013, 03:02 AM
    Come back your missing emails with the aid of tool below

Software read .pst aided me much couple weeks ago

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't Print Outlook 2003 HTML emails on Vista [ 3 Answers ]

I can't print HTML emails from Outlook 2003 anymore. I am running MS Vista Home Premium . I have already done the following: restarted the printer spooler service, installed Office 2003 SP3 updates, Ran detect and repair on Outlook 2003, and reinstall my printer driver. I have also open and...

Missing File with Word 2003 (all Office 2003 programs) [ 3 Answers ]

I recently started having problems opening any of my Office 2003 Professional programs. The files seem to open, but an error pops up saying that I'm missing a file named PS561401.cab, and can not open without reinstalling the program. I don't have the installation disks for Office, as this...

Exporting my Calender from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 [ 2 Answers ]

I'm hoping someone can help me :) I've been wanting to export my outlook 2003 calender to my outlook 2000. I have researched some topics and found this... Create a new personal folder Outlook 2000 compatible PST file by clicking: File New Outlook Data File Create an Outlook 97 - 2002...

Missing emails from Outlook Express 6 [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am using outlook express 6 in MS windows XP. It was working fine and suddenly my 4 months emails are missing (sep to Dec). I need to retrieve them ASAP. Kindly help me out in recovering these mails. Regards Afzal

View more questions Search