Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Conquerworm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 08:25 AM
    80's kids movie about a board game
    Hey,

There was a movie I saw when I was a kid, some time in the 80's. It was about this kid that breaks a window playing baseball and runs away (or rides away, if I remember correctly he had a bike for the run away). Anyhoo, he comes to a shack and hides in it. There was a guy there that he talks to but I don't remember if its before or after he plays the board game. Well in the shack there is a board game on the table and he opens it up and as soon as he places his piece on the board he enters the game. He has to complete the game to escape it.
    Does or has anyone seen this movie and happen to know the name of it. I have search and searched and have had no luck.

Thanks
    Conquerworm
    rodandy12 Posts: 227, Reputation: 24

Jun 20, 2008, 09:34 AM
    The game description is like Jumanji, but the kid with the bike doesn't fit. In Jumanji, a brother and sister play it after another kid (Robin Williams) has been trapped in it for years.

Jumanji (1995)
    Conquerworm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rodandy12
    The game description is like Jumanji, but the kid with the bike doesn't fit. In Jumanji, a brother and sister play it after another kid (Robin Williams) has been trapped in it for years.

Jumanji (1995)

Thanks but unfortunately that is not it. In jumanji the board game comes alive. In this movie the kid enters the board game and becomes the playing piece. This move was also out long before jumanji.

Conquerworm
    Quinn F Posts: 6,048, Reputation: 913
    Movies Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Conquerworm
    Hey,

there was a movie I saw when I was a kid, some time in the 80's. It was about this kid that breaks a window playing baseball and runs away (or rides away, if I remember correctly he had a bike for the run away). Anyhoo, he comes to a shack and hides in it. there was a guy there that he talks to but I don't remember if its before or after he plays the board game. Well in the shack there is a board game on the table and he opens it up and as soon as he places his piece on the board he enters the game. He has to complete the game to escape it.
    Does or has anyone seen this movie and happen to know the name of it. I have search and searched and have had no luck.

Thanks
    conquerworm
    Sounds like Hoomania: Hoomania (1985) (V)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's kids sci-fi movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, Been buggin me for a while, I remember a film in the 80's where 3 kids built a spaceship out of an old washine machine and other crap and there was a computer whizzkid who made this bubble float using his computer who then used the bubble to fly the spaceship. It's been buggin me,...

80's Kids movie? [ 3 Answers ]

Having memory flashes about a movie from the 80's. I think it was a kids movie but it frighted the crap out of me. Maybe it wasn't a kids movie. I don't watch horrors so it could be one. It is about a young child (boy) who sees a little man in his room. He comes from a heater?? I think there...

Kids movie from the 80's [ 3 Answers ]

I'm going crazy! There is this movie my sister and I used to watch when we were little, but I can't remember what it's called. I remember it takes place on the ocean during a couple of kid's summer vacation. They are looking for a "treasure" that's really the bell from a sunken ship or...

Video Game Makes People Kill 80's Movie? [ 1 Answers ]

There was a movie where a playing a video game made people kill. I don't remember if this was 80's or early 90's. Does anyone know the name of this movie?

View more questions Search