Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Tongue ring digging into my tongue.
    So I got my tongue pierced about a month ago;
    It didn't hurt much but as soon as the swelling went down
    The top ball started digging into my tongue.
    I know you're supposed to change it to a shorter one
    After the swelling goes down so I did.
    But now I'm not sure if it's digging into the top of
    My tongue because it's too long or too short because
    I tried a longer one and a shorter one, nothing seems to help.
    What is the right size for a tongue ring?
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2008, 09:24 PM
    You may not notice it, but under normal circumstances the top palate of your mouth rests on top of your tongue when your mouth is closed. This can cause the "digging" sensation you are talking about.

The longer you have the piercing, the more you will get used to it. You can try changing the ball to a different size, shape or material and see if that may help.
    sweetsz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 03:47 PM
    OOOOOOH thank you =].
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2008, 01:22 PM
    You're welcome :)
    verytute Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 03:49 PM
    You may want too try a plastic tongue ring I know with my brother for some reason the metal ones cause his tongue too irritate also you can look at different bar gages ,lengths, and mm of balls if the problem doesn't go away I would talk too the piercer who did it for you or a doctors office
    Briauna Gilbert Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2012, 08:32 PM
    Thanks I thought that I probably ripped it or something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Ring 3 [ 3 Answers ]

Hey, I got my Tongue PIERCED on 2-13-08 I want to KNOW when do u think I can CHANGE it... How HARD is it to CHANGE... Wht do I have to do / LOOK for when changing my Tongue Ring... Thanks,

Where can I find tongue spacers so I don't always have to wear a flashy tongue ring? [ 9 Answers ]

I love my tongue ring but I don't always want to wear and I have to work where I can't have tongue ring. Does anyone know any common stores that have them. Because I can't find them.

Tongue ring [ 2 Answers ]

ohkay; so I just got my tongue pierced yesterday and the barbell is huge! I can't eat much because the chewing is so painful. And the excessive salavia is disturbing. Any suggestions on what to do?

Tongue Ring [ 6 Answers ]

I am 15 TURNING 16 in 20 some days... This is a B-Day gift from my Mom... I wanted it DONE... So, she let me go & get it... I got my tongue done on 2/13/08... YESTERDAY... It didn't REALLY hurt that BAD... BUT... I am SCARED of needles... So, I almost PASSED out... BUT... Anyway... It HURTs to...

Tongue Ring 2 [ 2 Answers ]

I want to KNOW what FOODs & DRINKS... I can HAVE... & NOT have... Like NAME them off... Don't just say well mushy foods... NAME off a lot of FOODS we CAN & CAN NOT have... I would LOVE the HELP... Me, Mom, & my Sister... We all got our tongue pierced on wedseday... We want to KNOW what we can...

View more questions Search