Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dan2101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 10:12 PM
    How to fade semi -coloured hair?
    Help!

I recently just dyed my hair a tobacco brown colour to my already coloured brown hair. It turned out TOO dark and I absolutely hate it! I don't want to strip the colour out as I already have colour underneath that I like, I was just trying a different look. I've tried head and shoulders, clarifying shampoos and hot oil treatment, and have been washing it multiple times a day since, and its still not fading the semi - colour fast enough!
    What else can I try?
    jenn4094u Posts: 128, Reputation: 6

Jun 20, 2008, 06:53 AM
    If you strip it, you will not end up with the color that you had before... you will get shades of red and possibly orange depending on how much you lift it. You can do this but I'm not sure what kind of shape your hair is in so I'm not sure I would recommend it. Does your hair still feel good when you run your hands through it? If you feel like it's still pretty healthy you can strip and then re-color... let me know if you decide to do this and I'll walk you through it...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I tone down or remove a semi permanent red hair dye over bleach blonde hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I am at my wits end! I had my hair professionally frosted about two months ago. I like the blonde, with my dark hair roots, but I wanted to add some red low lights with the blonde streaking throughout. However, I did not get the results I wanted. Now I have dark roots, and a multi blonde/red...

Tips to fade semi-permanent hair after 48 hours [ 2 Answers ]

Last Thursday I had my hair dyed at a salon and it came out black. My hair is naturally dirty blonde and I just wanted it a shade darker than my roots to even it all out. I really don't know what she did to make it so dark. I didn't think to try home remedies when I got home and went away for...

Help Coloured Hair Spray Disaster! Turned Pink [ 3 Answers ]

I sprayed my son's long blond hair with coloured red hair spray and no matter how many times I wash it it is still pink all around the front of his hair, he looks like he has a pink halo! DOES anyone know how I can fix this?? Will it wash out eventually?? Has it happened to anyone else?? Help HELP...

How do I fade Dark coloured hair? Highlights? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I very recently coloured my hair a 'medium Brown' to cover a golden brown colour, it came out very very dark! And now I look very pale and I totally hate it! I've read up on all the things to help fade the colour... 1. A Shampoo like 'Head & Shoulders' 2. Washing Up Liquid I've...

How do I fade semi-permanent colour [ 1 Answers ]

Help :confused: I recently coloured my mid/dark brown hair with loreal casting crème gloss in dark brown which is a semi permanent colour lasting about 28 washes. I was expecting a nice chocolate brown colour but it when a very very dark brown almost black. :( I did this on Saturday. I...

View more questions Search