Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    red grasshopper12 Posts: 238, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Story I writing
    I am writhing a story! Should this boy in my story, go with old girlfriend or stay with his new girlfriend.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Think of the main theme of the story and try each way and see which fits in better to the main story line.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 05:04 PM
    I read once that we should first create our characters, then just follow THEM through the story, they know what to do.

Take a look at this article on developing your characters before you start to write the story itself. It's good.

The Cast- Developing Your Cast Of Characters

Jun 19, 2008, 05:15 PM
    I already have the characters
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 05:55 AM
    I'm referring to writing up your characters traits and habits and shortcomings and oddities, know ALL of that ahead of time. If your guy has been properly setup in advance, HE will know which he would prefer to do when faced with the new girl or the old girl.

Also, in writing, you are trying to create tension, then resolve it. If this is the beginning, or near the beginning of the story, the choice he makes should probably be the wrong one.

Jun 20, 2008, 11:37 AM
    I have wrote stories before, if you did not know this is suppose to be a teen thing not that I am writing a story, that is why I put it here. I just wanted to what I should do about these characters in my story. I mean if you were these characters what would you do?
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Aren't you a frustrating little one? Look, the answer is the same.

If you're writing a story, you already have your characters. Teen boy and 2 teen girls. Look at each of the characters you've created, decide which pairing (new girl or old girl) will create the most drama (meaning it ain't working out), and pair THOSE two. Now you have a story with somewhere to go.

If on the other hand you're NOT really writing a story and you're secretly asking about a real-life situation, always go with the new girl... as long as you're not still going with the old one. IF you are, be sure to officially end that first.

Jun 20, 2008, 01:53 PM
    What happens if they have a child
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 02:26 PM
    Every grown up around them goes into "I told you so" mode.
    College plans are canceled.
    Both work night jobs to save money.
    They renovate the room above the garage to live in.
    Friends start to distance themselves and everybody gets depressed.
    8 months into the pregnancy, the guy decides to go back to the old girl, and does.
    Everyone is mad at everyone.
    Ah... so much tension.

Jun 20, 2008, 02:47 PM
    I know it is a complicating story. So you would say the guy should go back with the pregnant girlfriend?
    Software Expert

Jun 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
    In a story, he should be with the pregnant girl and then dump her so everyone hates him, makes for great tension in the story.

If this is REAL LIFE and not a story, men never abandon their babies, so he goes and stands by his new family for the rest of his life.

Jun 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Well the other girl wants to start a family with the guy.

In which is another thing that makes this story juicy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a Novel [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Im new to this... please help me. I would like to start writing a novel. Where do I start? Im in the USA, CA, and would like help and assistance Deliah

Short Story and Script Writing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I would like to know if there are any Books available, which guides one to write short stories and scripts. I would like to know names of books and authors or of any course being conducted in this regards. Suseelan

Writing a CD [ 9 Answers ]

About a year ago I wrote a CD with some important data on it, and accidentally forgot to finalize the CD. My hard drive crashed, and had it replaced. However now I want to read the CD but I can't because nothing shows up. I'm sure that there is data there because when I look on the underside of the...

Novel writing [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 100,000 words into my story and I've got a nagging feeling it's too slow. The story takes place several years after the country was hit by drought and how people are still suffering from its effects. The maincharacter is a seventeen year old girl who was rescued from a lap dancing club and...

Story Writing [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to start writing about my journey through life, it has been very interesting and I would like to share this in writing about myself. I need some advice as to just where I begin... I was born in East Gippsland Victoria Australia. And I have had an eventful life... Believe me... ...

View more questions Search