Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gmamaa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Swimming pool plastering
    Plastering pool, 1700 sq. ft, using portland white cement 94 lbs bags & white sand, 3/8 thick plaster, how many bags of 94 lbs & sand to plaster the pool, how many sq. ft does 94 lbs cover to measure.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 28, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Portland cement fills up the spaces between the particles of sand when you mix it like water soaks into a sponge, so mixing one part cement and 3 parts sand will not give you 4 parts mix, more like 3 parts. I get you will need 17 bags of cement and 2 1/2 tons of sand.
    king21573 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2008, 08:35 PM
    That Answer Is Way Off, U Would Need To Use Poolmix To Mix With The White Cement Poolmix Is Crushed White Marble And Depending On If The Pool Is A New Construct Or A Redo U Would Need 30 Bags Of Cement And 60 Bags Of Pool Mix It Is A 1 To 2 Ratio On The Mix I Have 25 Years Of Pool Plastering Exp. THAT IS IF THE TOTAL SG.FT IS 1700 WALLS AND FLOOR
    fred2350 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2011, 11:07 AM
    we are replastering A 10x 10 x3.5 spa how do you mix squartscape blue in the plaster mix

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I find a swimming pool for my dogs? [ 12 Answers ]

Can Someone Tell Me Where I Can Find A Swimming Pool For My Dogs? I Have A Sheltie And An Italian Greyhound. I Would Like To Put A Pool In My Backyard But The Association Will Not Allow A Large People One. I Would Like To Find A Rigid Pool Being My Boys Love To Swim, Yet There Is No Place For...

Selling an above ground swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a house with an above ground swimming pool (only 3 years old this summer). My wife and I want to remove it, but are hoping to sell it to gain some money back. We just don't use it enough during the summer to justify it taking about all of the backyard. Any suggestions on how to sell or...

Using well to fill 1700 Gal swimming pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are on city water, but also have a well for 2 of the outside hose outlets. I used the well to fill our 1700 gal above ground pool, which was fine until it was about full. The water pressure was erratic and then no more water, so I turned of the pump/compressor. Does this mean that I just...

Swimming pool sub panel [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a 100 amp pool sub panel for an inground pool. I am running #4 thwn in pvc from the house to the sub panel. My question is can I put a junction box in my basement and convert to #4 romex to the main panel. Question #2 Do I attach the #8 bare bonding wire to the ground bar of the...

Swimming Pool [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a peanut shaped pool 20x40 (3-8ft.) with a water fall in the middle and 4 deck jets. Two in each corner. Iam thing 2 skimmers and 4 returns? Also I would need an auto water leveler and suction for cleaning system. Looking for a drawing on how to plumb. There is no heater or spa. 2...

View more questions Search