Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
    Tiger Woods
    Coming off his incredible win in the U.S. Open, Tiger Woods, sadly, will have to skip the rest of the 2008 season to have ACL surgery. For him to miss the British Open and the PGA Championship, you know he must be in real pain. ESPN reports:

And he revealed that he originally ruptured the ACL in 2007 while running at his home in Orlando after the British Open. He said he decided not to have surgery at that point, and he went on to win five of the next six events he entered (through his Target World Challenge in December).

Early in Tiger's career, there was some speculation that due to the stress put on his body by the tremendous power of his swing, he may actually break down sooner than an average golfer.
    Do you think he is entering that stage of his career, as this will be the third surgery in five years on that left knee ?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 11:45 AM
    There is no doubt in my mind that Tiger is the best golfer of all time, but can he hold up to get the tournament wins against Jack Nicholas' amazing record?

I saw a small film piece inserted during the tournament that showed Tiger's father dropping his golf bag during Tiger's downswing on the tee during a practice round. This kind of training made Tiger incredibly mentally tough.

Tiger is incredibly fit, not carrying any extra weight like some of the guys... that makes a big difference in how a person's weight bearing joints hold up against the rigorous use of sports. I'm not that familiar with knees; the left knee that takes a lot of weight during the critical moment of the swing. Hopefully, Tiger can make due if his knee does not return to 100% or even 95%. Much of golf is between the ears... Tiger has that thanks to his father.

I'm looking forward to years more of Tiger's magic. I believe that he wants to set a record that will never be broken. :)
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 11:57 AM
    Tiger will have to cut back on the power he uses in his swing. It is a lot of stress he puts on it with all that power. IF he can modify a few things and get the proper time off and rehab he needs I think he will still be as dominated as he ever was.

On a side note If Sergio Garcia can't win now with Tiger being out he never will.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 01:38 AM
    Garcia ,Phil Mickelson ,and Adam Scott should all be beneficiaries... and perhaps more than anyone else... Ernie Els. I'd like to see Camilo Villegas surge.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 09:19 AM
    I'll have to take your word for it, Tom, I haven't followed any golf for twenty years except Tiger occasionally. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiger Lilies [ 1 Answers ]

How do I transplant tiger lilies?

Tiger Tooth [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, This in regard to a piece of tiger tooth which I got it from my forefathers, though it is molded with gold and has a antiqe history of 100+ years I am not sure about its geniuness, now my question is Is there anyway to check wther this tooth belongs to a tiger or some other animal. ...

Two Men In The Woods! [ 1 Answers ]

Please please please help me before i go insane. I watched a film i in what i believe was 2001 but poss before. So i reckon the film was made between 98 and 01. It was a bit like the Blair Witch Project, same set up. Two men go camping in the woods to find a killer beast (i think it was the Taz...

View more questions Search