Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    panda8999 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 06:40 PM
    19 yo male with a 31 yo female
    Is it wrong for a 19 yo to be with a 31 yo and if not would it work out cz I'm worryed for my friend that it's a bit much can any one help me so I can try and help my friend
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 06:42 PM
    It can work out, there is an age difference, that's for sure. But this is their business. Do THEY have a problem with it?

Also, please spell words out and use correct grammar.

Jun 18, 2008, 06:47 PM
    Sorry about the grammar and the miss spelt words and no they don't have a problem with this I was just woundering if if there was any legalitys behind it but I guess not with them both being over the age of 18?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 06:50 PM
    There are no legalities against this, since the 19 year old is above the age of consent. However, they are in two different stages of life.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 18, 2008, 06:50 PM
    That saying, "Age ain't nothin' but a number" is actually true. I know 40+ year olds that have the life experience and maturity of a 16 year old and vice versa. You can't judge someone only by the numbers of years they've been alive. Living & learning is the only way to grow and mature. So for that reason, I'd just let your friend live and learn. This relationship may or may not work out but I don't believe it's doomed simply because they have an age difference and I honestly feel that you're worrying in vein. If they're happy together, let them enjoy their relationship - no matter how long or short it may be. If things are not working out for your friend in their relationship, I'm sure they will leave. Just be there as a friend if they need you, but realize that there's nothing wrong about their relationship, at least from the age difference standpoint. After all, they are both adults.

Jun 18, 2008, 06:56 PM
    OK thank you all I guess that's cleared it all up and I will just be there if my friend is to need support and thank you all once again
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 06:59 PM
    If they don't have an issue with the age, you shouldn't, just be a supportive friend...

JesusHelper is going on a GREENIE spree!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 08:20 PM
    They are both consenting adults.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 18, 2008, 08:22 PM
    Consenting adults, don't ask, don't tell.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Male or Female? [ 4 Answers ]

Male or Female? You might not have known this, but a lot of Non-living objects are actually either male or female. Here are some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold everything in, but you can see right through them.

Male or female [ 2 Answers ]

I have two small dogs a yorkie and a silky, both are males. I want to get a boxer but not sure if I should get a male or female, Since the dog a bigger than the other two I think I should go with a female. Info please!

Female vs Male [ 2 Answers ]

I am thinking about getting a Calvier King Charles Spaniel a. Would they do well in a crate?? :confused: b.What would be better Male or Female?? :confused:

Male and Female objects... [ 2 Answers ]

This made me chuckle: You might not have known this, but a lot of non-living Objects are actually either male or female. Here are Some examples: FREEZER BAGS: They are male, because they hold Everything in, but you can see right through them. PHOTOCOPIERS: These are female, because once...

View more questions Search