Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    punkdudeds7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 01:31 PM
    How to clean fungi looking spot on the pool
    I have lots of black spot that looks like fungi spots but probably alge, how do I clean those spots?
    Already filled in my water in the pool and the problem area is 9ft. Deep please help
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 02:08 PM
    Do you need a good clean out and more chlorine added ? I guess so because you can't swim in anything like that !
    Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 03:52 AM
    Could be you will like this answer better, although more work for you. The algae in the bottom of your pool, if not cleaned out, will probably cause eye infections to swimmers.

This is what I am talking about::

The first thing you need to do is get the water balance tested. This can be done at either a local pool supplies store or by yourself if you have a test kit. More often than not, the cause of algae is your water balance being off and your chlorine/bromine is no longer effective. There are three main parts to water balance: Total Alkalinity, pH, and Chlorine/Bromine level. They must be corrected in that order. Provided your Alkalinity and pH are within a normal range (Total Alkalinity 80-120, pH 7.2-7.6), you should treat the algae with a chlorine shock. I strongly suggest using the strongest shock available in powder form (you probably don't want to use liquid Chlorine). If the pool has a vinyl liner, you need to brush the bottom and all sides with a nylon brush. If it is a cement pool, you can use a wire brush. After brushing all sides and the bottom of the pool, mix the powder shock in a bucket of the pool water. One pound of shock will treat 10,000 gallons of water. However, because you need to super chlorinate, you will need to put in at least one extra pound of shock. For instance, if you had a 30,000 gallon pool, you would super chlorinate with 4 pounds of shock. Keep people out of the pool for 24 hours if possible. After the shock is applied to the pool you will notice the water may turn a milky white color, or may have white particles. That white color is dead algae, and you simply must run your filter all day every day until it clears. If you want to you can use a water clarifier, which will bunch up some of the smaller particles your filter is not catching, and may speed the process. It is very important you keep an eye on your filter pressure while you kill the algae. When it gets too high, you will need to backwash, possibly as many as 2-3 times before the pool is clear. That should take care of the problem. The most important part of the process is getting your water tested at a pool supplies store. If you have a Leslies Pool Supplies in the area, I strongly suggest their service. With a little patience and money, the problem should be gone within a couple days
    Malica Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2011, 07:46 AM
    TO find out the details of treatment of Fordyce spots read the article
    <a href="http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots">Fordyce spots Treatment</a>.
    you will find a complete picture of how to treat Fordyce spots.
    Expert

May 29, 2011, 08:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Malica View Post
    TO find out the details of treatment of Fordyce spots read the article
    <a href="http://www.pearlypenilepapulestreatments.com/fordyce-spots">Fordyce spots Treatment</a>.
    you will find a complete picture of how to treat Fordyce spots.
    What has spots on a penis have to do with pool cleaning ?
    chaosmaster1 Posts: 294, Reputation: 12

May 30, 2011, 04:07 AM
    The information these guys have given you on superchlorinating is wrong, for instance a 30,000 gallon pool to shock it you need 1 lb per 10,000 gallons, to kill algae you need 3lbs per 10,000 gallons. Black algae is very tough to get rid of it. You can try something called black treat or draining your pool and acid washing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've got a yellow spot like a normal acne spot on my penis. [ 21 Answers ]

I've got like a 1/2cm spot with a yellow/white head on it on my penis about halfway up. Its like a normal acne spot on a face but I have no idea what it is?. I've squeezed it, thinking it was a normal spot and whitish pus has come out (exactly like a normal spot on your face when you squeeze it)......

Leveling a spot for pool [ 2 Answers ]

What is the easiest way to get a spot in the yard level for an above the ground pool? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Fordyce's spot (White Spot on penis) [ 15 Answers ]

I have quite a lot of small white lumps on my penis and scrotum, after doing research and looking at pictures I think these might be Fordyce's spots, but I have found one spot which looks similar to the rest but maybe the littlest bit bigger and has a yellowish head, is it possible for the penis to...

Pool backwash line into clean-out? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an in-ground pool that we put in this summer. Out by the front porch we have a sewer/drain clean-out pipe sticking up. My question is... would it be OK to plumb the backwash line from my pool filter to this pipe? To utilize it as a drain? I was thinking that I could put a check valve on...

View more questions Search