Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AntieLes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Legal Citizenship
    This young lady came to the United States from the Philippines eight years ago. I need to know if she is a legal citizen of the United States - if not, what do I do?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 01:03 PM
    What is the reason you want to know about her legal status?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 01:45 PM
    Just living in the US for 8 years does not make a person a citizen. Did she apply for citizenship ? Is she currently here on a visa? Is she here illegally?

We can't tell you, only she can prove her legal status

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to verify if someone has legal citizenship? [ 14 Answers ]

My brother is dating a girl from Morocco. She currently lives in the US and my brother wants to marry her only after a short period. My family and I think she is using him in order to become a US citizen, but we do not know how to prove if she is already. She has only been in the US for one...

How do I gain citizenship in europe and renounce my citizenship in America [ 23 Answers ]

I have always wanted to move away from the U.S. but I want to do it permanently without the hassle of work visas and "checking in" every year or so. All the flights are very expensive as well. I was told by an acquaintance that I can even receive money for renouncing my citizenship! How do I go...

Legal Ways of Determining US Citizenship [ 7 Answers ]

Are there any legal ways of determining if an employee is a US citizen and/or able to work in the US prior to hiring on the application?

View more questions Search