Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sanfran3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 10:43 AM
    401K rollover
    My company has just split off the division I work under and set up a new company with 60% owned by an outside investor and 40% owned by the current company.
    In all other financial areas, I am now no longer an employee of company A, but an employee of company B. Meaning: for company A I have a termination date, I lost all my outstanding stock options, and I received a final pay check.
    However, in regards to the 401K issue, I was told this was a mandatory "roll-over" from Company A 401K to Company B 401K.. therefore leaving me no options that I would have had due to a "termination" situation.. ie: taking the money and placing it in a an account of my preference, whether it be an IRA, etc..
    Is this legal? Do I have any options, and if so, how do I proceed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 18, 2008, 11:14 AM
    Yes it would be legal, so you have no options. If you want to double check contact the IRS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Taxes on 401K rollover [ 3 Answers ]

I will be rolling my 401K pretax dollars into an IRA. How and when will I be taxed?

401K Rollover Check [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know the penalties for depositing a 401k rollover check into my personal checking account that I was suppose to give to my new 401k company? Will my previous 401k company track where the check is deposited? Thanks.

View more questions Search