Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sgrsweetmon123 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2008, 08:55 AM
    Don't know what else to do?
    I have been talking to a guy for almost a year now. I am 19 years old and last night when I was babysitting my brother 11 and sister 6, we went into the room like always and my dad came home and found us in the bed with the lights off and the door closed. We were not doing anything, but he thinks different. After the guy left my dad made stupid comments about the guy and now the guy kind of never wants to come back to my house. But I care so much about this guy and I feel so disgusted now and don't know if I should just go my separate way, or try to work out things with him...
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jun 18, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Your father is just protecting you. Even though your was not doing anything that's the impression he got. Be on the outside looking in, he left you to babysit and comes home to find you in a dark room with the door close.

Your boyfriend is just embrassed and if he feels the same about you he would still want to be by your side. If not, then move on and watch who you bring in your house, I'm not sure if your sibling saw him, but they too don't need to see that.

Your 19 and their will be many boys you like or like you, choose wisely.
    Dreamer Posts: 76, Reputation: 13

Jun 18, 2008, 09:20 AM
    Hi there,

Well, it sounds to me like perhaps your friend (or boyfriend) is just feeling a bit of embarrassment at the moment from the whole situation. You have to admit that it has to be pretty awkward for him, as I'm sure it is/was for you as well. I would give him a little time to just process things, to let the situation cool down a bit before really discussing it. However, keep this in mind: it takes two to make a relationship work. It's unfortunate that this happened but perhaps it could be a red flag for you of his future behavior. What I mean by that is, things do happen from time to time that are tough to talk about and deal with, but you can't be with someone who is unwilling or unable to work through them with you. I'm sure he's shaking in his boots a bit about your dad walking in but that in my opinion shouldn't warrant his just "writing you off" if that's the case. If he really cared about you the way he should after a year, he'd be willing to discuss what just occurred. If he contacts you in the near future and is open to talk about it all, then I definitely would just to get some closure. If he does not contact you, you have 2 choices from my point of view: Either try calling or writing him once to see if he responds or 2) Consider moving on for the fact that you both experienced a bad situation and he refused to deal with it. You should not and do not deserve to be with someone who is not putting in the same effort as you. It never works out sadly and will only drain you of all energy. I don't feel I can really say what's right for you out of those two choices since I know very little about your relationship for the past year and this guy may just well be embarrassed and will soon come around. Perhaps the best advice I can offer at this point is: Give him a little more time, see if there's contact and if not, it may be time to call it a day. If in fact you can work this out with the guy, I'd definitely recommend staying away from your house since being there again together will only trigger those somewhat "traumatic" and embarrassing memories for you both. In time I'm sure you'll be able to laugh about it but for now, I'd spend time together away from home. :)

Hope this helps and best wishes for you. I sincerely hope you do get a chance to talk about this matter with the one you care about a lot and get it resolved.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 18, 2008, 12:41 PM
    As a father what kind of example does this set for your siblings, and how improper does it look to you?
    Learn your lesson on what is appropriate, and what is not! If your b/f can't understand, he will when he has teenagers, especially a 19 year old daughter.

Us dads hate young snot nosed, half grown, whippersnappers, messing with our daughters any way. Explain it, and get him, to apologize to your father.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search