Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    happyoko2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2008, 06:15 AM
    T-account from unadjusted trial balance
    I have to prepare T-accounts with balances from the unadjusted trial balance.
    In the Unadjusted Trial Blance, there are

1) Accumulated depreciation - A Cr $10000
    2) Accumulated depreciation - B Cr $15000
    10) Depreciation expense - A Dr $0
    11) Depreciation expense - B Dr $0

Are these supposed to be included on the T-accounts? If so, which categories do theybelong to - assets, liabilities, or equity?

Please help! I'm stuck looking for an answer for last 3 hours:( :( :(
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2008, 08:59 PM
    If you're supposed to prepare t accounts, then you need them for all accounts that have been used. The Depreciation Expense doesn't have a balance yet, but they will get used or they wouldn't have included them in the problem. So you'll still need the t accounts. (You don't need to write the 0 balance in though. Just make them and leave them blank until they're used.)

Expenses are, well, expenses. Accumulated Depreciation is a contra asset.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unadjusted trial balance [ 1 Answers ]

Does Cost of merchandise sold go on the debit or credit side? Accumulated Depreciation debit or credit?

Help, Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 1 Answers ]

I CANNOT SEEM TO GET MY UNADJUSTED TRIAL BALANCE TO THE CHACK FIGURE 115107. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IM DOING WRONG? IVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR A WEEK AND IM FRUSTRATED. I NEED A NEW SET OF EYES TO SEE WHERE IM MESSING UP. BEG BAL, LIFO INVENTORY, JOURNAL ENTRIES ARE INCLUDED. IF...

Unadjusted Trial Balance [ 3 Answers ]

How do you do a unadjused trial balance? Everything looks rights on my paper but when I add it up the debit and credit number does not equal.

View more questions Search