Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tambk333 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 09:27 PM
    Credit report affected be collection agency
    According to some info that I have been reading, a hospital can turn me over to collections even if I am paying an agreed upon amount faithfully ever month.
    If I continue to pay the collection agency every month , will this show up adversely on my credit report?
    valeriealm Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2008, 08:16 PM
    Yes, it is going to show if you where ever late on your payments. FYI those medical bills reailly hurt your credit score believe me I know from exp.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2008, 01:53 PM
    If you have an agreed to paymnet arrangement and that agreement is in writing as to what they will accept, they should not be able to turn it over as not being paid. The collection agency can not require any additoinal moneys.
    valeriealm Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2008, 05:31 PM
    Even if you have a payment plan they are still going to report it that you are paying it. And no they can't ask for more money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card with a collection agency because of default, what happens next? [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to help my father who stopped paying his citibank card 9months ago. The card has a balance of $26,000.00! The min monthly payments became overwhelming for him. Anyway, now citibank has assigned the account to DC services for collection; they are not an outside collection agency. I...

Collection Letter but not on my credit report. [ 1 Answers ]

I am located in Illinois. I received a collection letter from a collection attorney. I am not sure if the debt specified is mine or not. It says it was from one Creditor, and then bought by another. I pulled a copy of my credit report, and do not see either creditor listed or the...

Report judgment to credit agency [ 2 Answers ]

I won a judgement in Los Angeles, and would like to know how I go about placing it on the persons credit report. I've heard that it's called a fieri facias.

Is my credit getting worse with a collection agency? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My mastercard debt was recently transferred to a collection agency, CBCL, which I have heard horrible things about. I have made arrangements to pay, though I am feeling wary about it. Obviously, not paying my mastercard debt has made my credit rating decrease. Will paying off this debt to...

Collection Agency on Credit Report. I paid Pride Co. [ 1 Answers ]

Months ago I owed my garbage company (Pride Disposal) $140. I was getting calls from a collection company about it. Because I wanted my garbage service ASAP I paid Pride $140.. Still the Collection Agency called. I called Pride and asked them to call the Agency and tell them this bill had been...

View more questions Search