Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Mar 14, 2006, 04:16 PM
    subtotals
    I have built a database to keep track of orders. I have my tables set up and my form built. I am having a hard time trying to get the subtotals to add up. I have been researching through Microsoft and other sites and looking at the templates but for some reason whatever I try doesn't seem to work or I don't understand what they mean.

It seems they all are using a query called extended (I know it's just aname) that does the actual calculation. Then they just use the Sum function in the footer or header and have the name extended for the control source. Fro example Sum([extended]). That addes the individual lines in the subform. I think I am doing the same thing but it doesn't seem to recognize the name. In the extended field (form view) it says "#Name?" I know that means it doesn't know what extended is for the Sum function.

I may not totally understand how this works. When I set my query for the extended price how does the properties of the subform know to look there? Does any one have anything I could try? Thanks.

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.