Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elpajapanti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Is this school accredited and by who?
    I am attending University of Phoenix online is this school accredited and by who? Where can I look to see where they are credited with.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Look on their website. It's usually under "about us" and then "accreditation"

U of Phoenix is accredited by the HLC and the NCACS (Regional accreditation).

Each of their programs is also accredited.

You can also get that information from the US Department of Education.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 03:51 PM
    You can check here: Accredited Online Colleges, Online Degrees and Distance Learning Programs

I already looked, and it is indeed on this list.
    Phillips26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elpajapanti
    I am attending University of Phoenix online is this school accredited and by who? Where can I look to see where they are credited with.
    UOP, is accredited by a number of boards and all credits are transferrable. There is a website you can use to check out all schools accred. UOP has too many accred. For me to list. However, they are a nationally accredited school.
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 10:53 AM
    Nationally accredited could mean anything... and what transfers to a school is determined by that particular school, not by the school they are transferring FROM.

Regionally accredited is the more important standard in the United States. As long as you are regionally accredited, most schools will recognize your credits as transferable.

(I am an assistant registrar at a nationally accredited school--and our credits do not transfer many places because we are not regionally accredited)
    Phillips26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    Nationally accredited could mean anything....and what transfers to a school is determined by that particular school, not by the school they are transferring FROM.

Regionally accredited is the more important standard in the United States. As long as you are regionally accredited, most schools will recognize your credits as transferable.

(I am an assistant registrar at a nationally accredited school--and our credits do not transfer many places because we are not regionally accredited)

University of Phoenix Online is the Largest Private University in the U.S and offers the largest number of accredited online degree programs of any online institution. Founded in 1976, University of Phoenix was one of the first accredited universities to offer online college education with complete degree programs via the Internet. Most students can earn a degree in as few as 2 years.
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 01:19 PM
    Right... UP-O is a great school and is accredited in a number of ways.

I just wanted to point out that national accreditation doesn't mean as much as regional accreditation from the viewpoint of transfer credits. I also wanted to point out that no one can say "if you go to x school, their credits will transfer to another school no problem", because every single post-secondary school in the United States has their own rules on transfer credits, based on their own accrediting agency/agencies.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2008, 02:53 PM
    The UP is one of the best, and not only do they have online classes but they also have dozens of brick and motar schools, I know of one in Atlanta GA, and one in Nashville TN where you can take some classes that may require some on site classes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

An Accredited Online Ged? [ 22 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction as to an accredited online GED? I just don't want to pay someone that is not legit. Please and Thank you Don

Accredited distance learning [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a university accrediated by American department of education can offer a PHD in hospital administration or other medical specialites online

Is Almeda University accredited? [ 5 Answers ]

Is Almeda University simply a Degree Mill or does it have any value? Accreditations etc. Advice is appreciated. Thanks

Trying to Find a Good Accredited University [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter has decided that instead of continuing at her current college she would like to transfer out of state to a college that deals with Psychology (sexual therapy). Does anyone know of a good site to research which college would be best for her to transfer to?

Accredited? Orthodoxy? What value? [ 4 Answers ]

Since I don't want to be accused of driving the other thread away from its theme I will ask my question here. What is the benefit of a theologian being accredited if that same theologian approves and instigates cruel punishments such as burning alive, torture to get confessions, persecutions,...

View more questions Search