Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beezy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2006, 01:03 PM
    So many mixed messages
    Hi there

Can someone please help me out with all these mixed messages and general confusion I have?

Work is developing really slowly and I'm not financially independent. I'm an english as a foreign language teacher in France. I like it here but am I in the right location? Can anyone feel any moves for me? Where should I be putting my feelers out? What field maybe?

Romantically things are pretty up and down. I met a nice guy in summer, he wooed me and we got together at Christmas. Its long distance (UK) but I thought OK. Then in Feb he seemed to freak out a bit and now I just don't know what's going on anymore. I'm afraid to push for answers as I have a bad habit of doing that. Is my patience being wasted?

Health wise I'm great! But I'm starting to feel a bit... well, hard to explain. Ill-at-ease and kind of on edge. I'm not sure if its because important stuff is being confusing or if I'm creating the confusion by being edgy - if you know what I mean.

I'd really appreciate any kind of guidance. Thanks so much xx

D.O.B 5 June 74 - not sure if you need that.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 15, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Hi, beezy,
    I am not a Psychic; don't pretend to be. Thank you for asking a question here, and welcome to this site.
    Long distance relationships are hard to keep going, for many reasons. They sometimes last, but unfortunately, mostly don't. So, that part of your life is just something that happened with life in general, and can happen to anyone.
    As far as your career, do you have any education? Any training, skill, in the area in which you work? If so, this will help you decide which direction to go.
    If not, you might consider getting more skills and training. Our future depends on us... it's what we make it.
    If you don't like being a teacher, then look at other opportunities you might have. Your feelings are normal. I changed from a teaching career after 13 yrs. In the United States, at age 33, to another career.
    I do wish you the best, and good luck.
    beezy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2006, 03:57 AM
    Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yep, I have education. Lots! And I recently trained as esl teacher and I enjoy the work, its just finding something full time. I feel like Ive exhausted all leads and wonder of its just because I'm in worng place wrong time.

I've also had a distance thing before and kind of know what I'm letting myself in for. I don't thik either of us see the distance as an ideal situation and hopefully it would become closer sometime - I just don't know if it's a compatibility thing or a hitch in the timing.

That's why I need a bit of insight and guidance. I'm not looking for someone to tell me what to do. Im just so confused and fuggy right now I can't see the woods for the trees.

Not that I don't appreciate your well wishes, I do! But if anyone out there can help me see more here - I'd be really happy about that.

Thanks everybody xxxx
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Hi, beezy,
    You are quite welcome for what little help I have been.
    I do wish you well, and maybe you should start looking in some other area where you live for full-time employment. If there is nothing available where you are, you might consider moving.
    Hypatia Posts: 163, Reputation: 27

Mar 28, 2006, 11:37 PM
    In the shadow of darkness, trust your instinct and your heart. Love doesnt take work, it flows freely. If you want a new job, send resume's out to many places. The right one will strike you in your heart and feel right.

Hypatia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to deal with "mixed messages" [ 17 Answers ]

I have been getting some "jump though hoop" types BS from Cali girl. She told me "she is not ready for a realaionship" and Im fine with that, but now Im getting the "I miss you" and "Im thinking about you" texts from her... not sure what to think about that. Is the trying to keep me on a leash, or...

Mixed Messages [ 17 Answers ]

Hi, I need help. I started dating this guy about 2 months ago and about a month after we started dating he told me that he was not ready for a committed relationship. He said that he had been in 3 back to back serious relationships and he wasn't ready for another. He really backed off for about...

Mixed Messages [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean when a guy says he cares about you, not like a friend but doesn't want to give you false hope. He broke up with me after being together for 6 years and started dating someone 3 months after. Is it likely that his current relationship is a rebound? I know they were intimate and...

Mixed Up [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I had someone do my taxes for me. I gave them all of my documents. On one of the documents was my mother's SS# because we share in a mortgage together. The tax person put that SS# on my return instead of mine (which was on all of the 5 other pieces of documentation). I was unaware of this...

Mixed Messages! [ 2 Answers ]

Lets give this ago, maybe Ill have more help from here I've been seen this girl for a while now and we grew really attached to each other, everything was perfect, however about 2 weeks ago she threw a tantrum for no apparent reason. I've asked what the problem was/is and I getno response,...

View more questions Search