Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Shower Valve Hot and Cold is backwards
    I have an American Standard Shower with a single rotating valve that reads Hot and Cold and the valve is backwards. When I turn it to the hot, cold water come out and so on.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jun 17, 2008, 12:02 PM
    Sounds like the handle is on backwards, take it off, turn it 180 degrees, put it back on and see if that fixes it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
    It is usually the cartridge that needs to be pulled, rotated 180 degrees and reinserted. Moen has their ccartidges label so you know how to do that in case someone plumbed their pipes incorrectly.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mixing valve tub/shower with no cold water [ 1 Answers ]

I'm flummoxed with a Delta, mid-1990's mixing valve. The valve has shut-off's via screw and locknut on cold and hot inlets, and I have good pressure there at both hot and cold side. But an inch-or-so away, at the main body holding the cartridge (I don't know the terminology, sorry), no cold...

New mains shower, reasonably new Combi-boiler, but hot-cold-hot-cold-hot-cold shower! [ 4 Answers ]

I've recently had a new bathroom put in, with a mains shower (used to be electric). But now my shower keeps running hot-cold-hot-cold every minute or so. My bath tap and sink tap in the bathroom are running fine, it's just the shower. I was told this shouldn't happen as I have a combi-boiler but...

Backwards Hot and Cold [ 6 Answers ]

I just replaced my Moen single handle cartridge and all was well until I turned on the water and the hot and cold are backwards... I turn to hot and it's cold.. I turn to cold and it's hot... how can I fix this?? :cool: Thanks, Christine P.S. It is for my bathtub

Hot cold valve on shower [ 1 Answers ]

When I take a shower I can't change the temp on the shower. It doesn't grab something inside to make it hot or cold.

View more questions Search