Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarvesh shah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 17, 2008, 06:29 AM
    Can anyone tell my how can I get a job in cruises like star and carnival?
    Can anyone tell my how can I get a job in cruises like star and carnival?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 17, 2008, 07:23 AM
    Job doing what? Most WEB sites have a careers section where you can apply for jobs.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 07:26 AM
    Have you tried this?

Fun Jobs - Carnival Cruise Lines
    LONDON72 Posts: 8, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
    I don't know about you but I have been on 6 cruises and from what I have seen it is a lot of work. Its not all fun and games. Plus they don't follow american labour laws. These ships are registered in the bahama's and a few african countries and even panama. So you have to ask yourself what is the minimum wage in panama. If they even have one. In the US it is about 7 $ an hour. Most of the workers are from the Philippines which is a POOR country so even 2 hundred dollars a week is a lot of money.

But too answer your question. Go to the cruise lines web site and look at the bottom you will see employment click on that. I do know this you sign a contract for 18 months... 6 month training cruise then 12 months straight at sea. If you quit you fly home from wherever the ship is at. Plus if you do stick the year out and the ship ends up in rome or south hampton or even the orient you have to fly home on your own dime meaning you pay your own way.

I though about it but though I better not.. theirs not much money in to but if you are young have no kids and money is not an issue try it it will be a great experience

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cruises [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend to me how to get the best price to cruise eastern caribbean on either royal carribeean, norweigon cruise lines, or princess? We always use a balcony room, and our lattitudes members. Thank you for any suggestions ::)

Carnival [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard about carnival in places like Brabados trinidad in the Caribbean. Does any one know what time of year these festival occur?:p

Bruegel Carnival (why a man is missing feet) [ 4 Answers ]

Why is there a man missing his feet in Bruegel's Carnival picture?

Repositioning cruises [ 2 Answers ]

I have heard that a repositioning cruise from Asia to North America takes place annually sometime after the first of the year, but I have been unable to find out anything about it. I am in SE Asia and the travel agents here do little more than sell airline tickets so they are of no help. I would...

View more questions Search