Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 05:34 AM
    Father remarries - daughters not in the wedding party?
    Within a year of my parents' divorce (after 37 years of marriage), my father got remarried.

My younger sister, who can be very difficult to get along with, was staying in the family home with my father and (then) fiancé, and she wound up arguing regularly with our step-mother-to-be.

I live in italy, and my father flew my very long-term boyfriend and I to miami and New York for the receptions.

I have a younger sister (age 24), and I am 28. Neither of us were asked to play a part in the wedding party.

On my father's side of the wedding party were his parents, his best friend, and his brother-in-law (with whom he is certainly not close).

On my step-mother's side of the wedding party were her mother, her sister, her best friend, and her nieces.

I had only met my step-mother-to-be two times, which totaled about two and a half weeks of time together, before they were married.

I don't understand why I wasn't asked to participate. I have considered the possibility that imperfect waters between my step-mother and my sister led the bride and groom to decide that it wasn't the best idea, but if this is true I don't feel that it's fair for me to have been excluded. I had only been accepting and supportive of my father's girlfriend, to the extreme considering the circumstances, and I don't believe that most people in my position would have been so nice about it.

Is it possible that the idea of putting us in the wedding party simply didn't cross their minds? I just don't get it. I haven't asked either one of them about this since I don't want to create issues.

Is it or is it not standard for a re-marrying couple to include their children/step-children-to-be in the wedding?

Due to poor planning, the arranged seating never went through, and my sister and I didn't even wind up sitting at their table at the big reception or at the rehearsal dinner.

What's going on here?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2008, 05:46 AM
    A. It is not like your other sister(s) was in the wedding party either.
    B. The custom is the groom picks males (his best friend, and his brother-in-law)
    And the bride picks females (her sister, her best friend, and her nieces)
    So it was nothing against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bachelor Party Vs Wedding Invite [ 11 Answers ]

Hello All- I was invited to an old friends "destination" bachelor party in Costa Rica. He was my roommate from 04-06 and we were close. After he meet his now fiancé, he moved out and shunned most of his friends for her. The wedding is in August and I was not invited. He snubbed several of...

Is it possible to file abandonment against my daughters father? [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is going to be 4 in a few months and her father has been in and out of her life. The thing is I have his phone number and I know where he lives but I have tried to call him and text him and he won't return my calls or texts. I know he gets them because he tells his ex of his 3 month...

My daughters father left the country [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters father left the country. I do not know when he left the country,the last time she saw him was for 5 minutes 5 days before Christmas, he called to speak to her on new Years Eve and he didn't indicate when or if he was coming back to the United States. We do not have custody...

Which party afford wedding ceremony? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know whether men's family devote money or women' does.

Courthouse Now, Wedding Party Later [ 2 Answers ]

My Fiancé and I want to get married at the Courthouse in the next month or two, but have an actual wedding in a year or so. What is the proper way of having the actual wedding? We obviously won't need someone there to marry us (again), or will we? How does this work?

View more questions Search