Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avel Posts: 199, Reputation: 0

Mar 14, 2006, 01:53 AM
    Color separation
    Color serapation this is what I always hear most of the artist saying in terms of silkscreen printing, they say its for making a clear positive and its done by adobe or corel... Can anybody there help me or should I say teach me how this method done using adobe and corel... I want to learn... please... :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 14, 2006, 04:40 AM
    What do you mean by "silkscreen printing"?
    Are you speaking of making images that can be taken to a silkscreen printer - to be put on clothes, cd's, etc..

Mar 16, 2006, 07:30 PM
    Yup that's exactly what I mean, I have seen the out come of this color separation, they multi print it to a tin type of bondpaper I guess they call it wax paper... I know silkscreen can print a flat color image but they say using color separation method you can print even a fading type of graphic...
    Uber Member

Mar 17, 2006, 03:45 AM
    Well, I don't have experience with it, but did some searching and found some tip links here. In those links, I found that the term for this is Serigraphy, so also check these links:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...hy&btnG=Search

Hope this helps a little.

Mar 19, 2006, 07:56 PM
    Well here's a follow-up Q do you have an idea how to print a colored picture on cloth using silkscreen...
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2006, 03:49 AM
    No. Silk screening is done with very specialized equipment. I did run across a "do it yourself" method... but check it out: Looks like a lot of preparation needed... and I can't help but think it's not going to look like a professional job.

Mar 20, 2006, 08:31 PM
    Ok thanks for your help it thinks me a lot have to improve my art skill more...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need name of older movie [ 2 Answers ]

It most probably was on television late 70's early 80's. There was a woman who cured the sick by touching them. I remember one scene in which she stopped a little girl's nosebleed. I know it's not much, please help if you can. Thanks!!

Marital Property Expenses during separation [ 2 Answers ]

I am separated pending a divorce. My ex met someone else and moved out to live with him. I am living in condo until it sells - which may take a while. Since condo is in joint name and is marital property, is she responsible for some part of the monthly condo maintenance fee and insurance premium? ...

16 Bit Color [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I'm using W98SE--How do I get to that graph bar that shows if I'm using 16 bit color or more--I can't remember how to get to that page-I would like to slide it up a bit higher--Thanks so much--

Separation [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm from Massachusetts, and I'm wondering how do I go about getting a separation on my own without a lawyer. Is this even possible? Someone told me it was. Not sure what my rights are here, because he doesn't want a separation and I do. Please advise... Thank you, Shadow

View more questions Search