Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilconfused Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 03:13 PM
    BSN how do I .
    I have 57 ungrad units from a jc.. very few that are in the pre-rec for nursing. I was a business major and have had a true change of heart.

What is the simplest transition to get my bsn? I'm in CA, what programs would you recommend?? And how long would you project it would take me with my past credits?

I have been looking at Sac state, and would love to get into their program, but then I look at private institutions as well.. they are both costly... are there any schools that offer or hospitals that will fund your nursing education if you work for them for 5 years etc.
    jamerp1970 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2008, 02:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilconfused
    i have 57 ungrad units from a jc.. very few that are in the pre-rec for nursing. I was a business major and have had a true change of heart.

What is the simplest transition to get my bsn? I'm in CA, what programs would you recommend??? and how long would you project it would take me with my past credits?

I have been looking at Sac state, and would love to get into their program, but then I look at private insitutions as well.. they are both costly...are there any schools that offer or hospitals that will fund your nursing education if you work for them for 5 years etc.?
    The RN course work takes two years, so you have to add that to the requirements for graduation at each college. I am an RN already with an ASN I am currently working on my BSN part time mostly online and I figure it will take me about 3 years total. It is sometimes cheaper to take the non-nursing requirements at a community college then transfer to a 4 year institution. Becareful to find out how many transfer credits will be excepted though or else you will be wasting your time. I am doing this now and the four year institution I am looking at only takes 90 transfer credits which I have mostly taken at junior college. I just finished a class and am now at the limit any others I need will now have to be taken at the four year school. Good luck! Great career

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search