Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hocivin Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 02:14 PM
    Stumulis rebate
    Will I get a stimulis check if I filed my taxes but owe on 2007 returns? Thank you
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
    It depends on how much you made in 2007.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
    If you had qualifying income of $3000 or more, you will get stimulus rebate. But since you owe taxes, the IRS will keep the rebate and it will be adjusted against amount you owe.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jun 17, 2008, 07:46 AM
    Assuming you paid the taxes owed, you will get the stimulus rebate, probably soemtime next month.
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2008, 12:50 AM
    All you need to qualify for a check is to have received $3,000 in income for 2007. This income can even be from benefits such as SSI or retirement benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by hocivin
    will i get a stimulis check if i filed my taxes but owe on 2007 returns? thankyou

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tax Rebate in US [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have stayed in US (California Bay Area) for less that 183 days on L1 visa. I am single. Can I ask for the rebates for the taxes that I have paid as I stayed for less than 183 days in one financial year? If I can do so, What is the procedure to do so? Any explanation on this regard...

Tax rebate [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I just wanted to know if the gov was going to send out the checks in a certain order. I also wanted to know when this money should be out and who is going to get this money

Tax rebate eligibility [ 3 Answers ]

My wife,72 and I, 79 are recipients of Supplemental Social Income of about 360$ each, and we are dependents of our son. As we were not required to file taxes, we had not done so far. Now regarding the new stimulant tax refund, we are told to file a tax return first. First I would like to know, if...

H4 tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My annual income in the US would be $60000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How...

H4 - Tax rebate [ 1 Answers ]

My company in the US would pay me $5000. I understand this is taxable at 30% amounting to $3500 per month(is this correct?). If I have 2 dependants on H4(my spouse and baby), what would be the tax rebate? How much money would I end up in hand per month?

View more questions Search