Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elizabethcares Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 11:01 AM
    Searching for Son
    I gave up my son for adoption in 1966. He was born on June 29, 1966 in Niagara Falls General Hospital, Niagara Falls, Ontario. How do I go about finding this forever wanted son.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 11:19 AM
    Start with the adoption agency. Even if they will not give you information (And they probably will not) ask to leave a letter in his file with your contact information.

Next, go to the courthouse in the county he was born, and do the same thing. It's next to impossible for you to access his birth records/adoption records, but you CAN leave a letter in his file with your contact information.

Note that some agencies and some counties/states charge for this.

Next, start going to adoption boards. Adoption.com and adoption.org are two that have great reunion lists. Another great site is ISSR http://www.plumsite.com/isrr/

Remember, too, that your son may not WANT a reunion. Be sure to contact him through a third party if you DO find him, and be willing to honor his wishes in the matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Searching web [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get access to manufactures and proper wholesalers both in uk and world wide with out paying monthly subscriptions then only to find out they don't have companies listed regards les

Searching for mom [ 17 Answers ]

I amd searching for my birth mother and I only have a little bit of information I was wondering if u could help me contact her

Searching and searching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am constantly searching on engines such as Google and Yahoo! Etc and always when I need to come back to what I found in a previous search, I can never seem to find it again or remember how I got to it. Does anyone know if major engines have a feature that allows me to track where I...

Searching [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for a song by a woman. About 5 years ago. Kind of mellow rock. Can't remember her name or the name of the song. The only thing that I remember is at the very end, instead of singing the words she says "I'm crazy like that". Or something similar. Please help!! Driving me crazy...

View more questions Search