Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 16, 2008, 05:39 AM
    US Open
    I watched in awe this weekend at the heroic effort of Tiger Woods . Even hampered with a surgically repaired knee that made every shot painful ;often using his clubs a crutch ;he managed to stay in the mix and force a playoff round today with an amazing 18th hole putt.

Still I can't help but root for the golf games equivalent of "Rocky" , Rocco Mediate . He is a 45-year old who hasn't won anything since 2002. He barely qualified for the event, and now has a chance to win it. He was just fun to watch... you could see he was enjoying every minute .

So although either of these gentlemen winning would be a great tribute to the sport and to perserverance ;Today I am rooting for Rocco to upset the best player of ours and any generation. Let him have his day.

Do you agree ?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Yes! I love Rocco's demeanour, he's loose in the face of heavy stress. I fear that he may be a real underdog today due to a night's rest for Tiger. The first hole should prove interesting - Tiger is sure to find the rough... again! :)
    path Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 17, 2008, 06:04 AM
    I was cheering for Rocco too.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 17, 2008, 06:13 AM
    Rocco didn't win the tournament but he won in others ways. Not only did he vault up in the rankings but his pleasant disposition through all the stress has gathered fans and will likely increase his marketability i.e.. New and better sponsors. Good for him!
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2008, 06:19 AM
    I rooted for him but I felt he did not have the fire in the belly yesterday that was necessary to pull off an upset. Yesterday was a day to lay it all on the line .

Hat tip to Tiger ;his was a gutsy performance . His spectacular shots look routine for him.

But the story of the Open was Rocco .
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
    Golf is probably the only sport where us spectators *usually never* root for an underdog such as Rocco, but for the top dog in the sport.

I found myself rooting for Rocco, too. His age, record and personality really made him the Rocky of the day. How about that putt on the 18th for a tie? I honestly thought Tiger was going to miss it due to the pain of his leg injury for the round and his obvious limping. Well... ha... I should have known better. :)

I didn't see any of the playoff on Monday, I don't know if it was televised... but 19 holes, it must have been a humdinger... and Tiger made it through all those holes and won. A Herculean task.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ok I have open the first seven chakras now I won't to know how to open the 8th and 9th [ 5 Answers ]

Hey dos any body out there know how to open the 8th and 9th chakra. And open the third eye chakra to its full potintal.. Thaks. Darryl123

My itunes won't open at all, does anybody know how to get it to open? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently got my computer back after having new virus scanns on my computer downloaded.. and I have used itunes since then but last night when I logged out and logged back in this morning, when I click on itunes, all that happens is it has the mouse thing which looks like its loading for a couple...

Open neutrals and open grounds [ 3 Answers ]

I have installed new recepticals all around the house but I have one receptical in the master bedroom with an open neutral and two with open grounds per a grt-500 circuit tester. The two open grounds are still functional but the open neutral is not. I have checked all of the wires and they are...

Open hot [ 1 Answers ]

My house has a problem the 4 outlets in the living room are not working,neither is the entry light, the porch light,the doorbell and the crawl space light.Useing a tester in the outlets says open hot wire Idont know if that is true since that's what the tester says when there is no power to an...

How to get him to open up? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is a good man but instead of coming to me to talk about his problems he goes to my mom or my best friend. I don't understand. He knows they are going to tell me. So why doesn't he just come and talk to me. It hurts my feelings I need help

View more questions Search