Ask
    keely3780 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 10:35 AM
    Hair stuff
    Does anyone know what 30 volume oxidant is? Thanks XX
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 15, 2006, 01:42 AM
    Keely3780, the word "oxidant" means oxidizing agent. A 30 volume peroxide itself is an oxidant. When you use a 30 volume, it will turn the hair yellow. Hair bleaching can over process the hair and cause damage if is not monitored carefully. I hope your not planning to use a 30 volume on your hair, this should only be attempted by a professional.

Mar 17, 2006, 09:38 AM
    I just wanted to know because I bought some loreal effasol to try an get my dark hair dye out and it said on the packet that it can be mixed wth 30 volume oxidant and I wasn't sure what that was.
    I've tried mixing it with water like it said but when I did a strand test it didn't get rid of all the colour very well, it left it a light gingery brown which wasn't what I was hoping for. Will it work better with peroxide?

Love keely3780
    Xx
    -

Mar 22, 2006, 01:20 AM
    Keely, in your previous post, you wanted to turn your dark hair to light ash brown. I told you that it's best to go to the salon because coloring your hair on your own can be tricky. However, you've decided to dye your hair twice, now you have two different permanent colors on your hair. If you keep coloring your hair, it's going to make it worse. Please go to the salon to get the color fixed. The hairstylist will use a professional color remover on your hair, then they will apply a corrective color. It only takes one visit to the salon, after that you can maintain the color by yourself.

Mar 23, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Hi there, thanks for all your advice you've given me. I have been to the hairdressers and they did a few strand tests to see what they could do. They put a bleach on one and it went a gingery colour and left the hair with lots of breakages, and another they put a high lift tint, I think, and it hardly touched the colour at all. My hairdresser said I have so much colour build up that its not lifting and I need to let it fade and then they'll try again. I'm just really frustrated that no one seems to be able to anything with it. Its been this colour now for about 3 months and it doesn't seem to be fading very much, its going to take forever to grow out!
    Do you have any advice on how to fade it more quick ?
    Thanks so much
    Keely x x
    -

Mar 24, 2006, 12:58 AM
    Keely, dark permanent colors cannot be made lighter without first removing color. Fading the color will not get rid of the color buildup. A professional hairstylist should know that artificial color on color buildup has to be removed. Afterward, bleaching is required, then the color you desire can be applied. I don't think you plan to go to a hairdresser. If you want the fade your hair slightly, try using a dandruff shampoo or Dawn dish soap and Prell shampoo. Then apply a deep conditioning treatment to restore softness to your hair.

Mar 24, 2006, 11:35 AM
    Thanks prettynpetite1, I honestly did go to the hairdressers and they did tell me there was nothing they could do. My hairdresser said that because my hair broke off with the strand test they did with the bleach that if she'd have put colour remover on it first it would have broken off completely, she said that was because it had been originally bleached underneath the dark colour to start with.
    If she could've sorted it out for me I would have gone to them to do it, but she told me I just had to wait for it to fade and then she'd try again.
    Should I go back and say what you told me and see what they say, I don't understand why she said I'd have to wait for it to fade.

Keely x
    -

Mar 27, 2006, 01:27 AM
    Sweetie, when you applied several boxes of permanent colors, it caused a color build up and made your hair very unhealthy. Since your hair is damaged, I advise you to do a deep conditioning treatment once a week. For maximum benefit, leave it on for up to 20 minutes. It will make your hair soft and healthy again. Then go to your hairdresser and have them do a corrective color on you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Need some stuff for my... [ 3 Answers ]

That's me again folks Lol I was wondering if someone could help me because I would to lighten safely my bikini zone and lower U know what I mean ?:D Like I would like to have an even skin tone down there too Please help me if you know good stuff Thanks!:rolleyes:

Stuff that has worked for you! [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys, only write about products that WORKED for you. Starting with me: Name of product: Eldoquin Forte 4% Duration of usage: a couple of months, don't recall now as I've stopped using it Shades achieved: 1

Downloading Stuff [ 4 Answers ]

I was wondering if there are any programs that allow me to accelerate my download of stuff from the internet(i.e game demos) and allow me to pause and resume downloading on another day even if I shut my computer down. I can't really keep my computer on 24/7 for large downloads. I used to use a...

View more questions Search