Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisa942 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Remarried grandparents on the wedding program
    My son is getting married in 1 month. Our dilemma is the grandparents names on the program. His paternal grandparents divorced 30 years ago. The grandfather remarried right away and has been married to the same woman for nearly 30 years. The paternal grandmother never remarried and is still very bitter toward the ex-husband and his wife. My son is very close to his paternal grandmother since she lived with us for 20 years while he was growing up and she's his only biological grandmother.

The problem: should we list the paternal grandfather's name with his wife or just his name?

To complicate matters, the maternal grandfather is also remarried but it was after the death of the maternal grandmother. He has been married to the current wife for 23 years. My son was 3 when his grandmother died so he doesn't really have much memory of her. However, the current wife never really stepped in to play the grandmother role either. Neither of these women have been "grandmothers" to him. So do we list the only living grandmother then the grandfathers without their spouses? Or include their spouses on the program?

Also, do we put the maternal grandmother's name on the program anywhere even though she is deceased?

Lisa
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Normally just the grandparents names, not new spouses, and if you would like to to include the deceased grandmothers name that is a nice thought in her memory

And 30 years, still bitter, no mater what caused it, 30 years to be bitter she needs to put it away for the wedding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Seating divorced grandparents at wedding [ 1 Answers ]

The bride's grandmother is divorced from her husband (bride's grandfather), and want to make sure he doesn't sit beside her. Where should he be seated at the wedding?

Wedding program - ex-wife [ 1 Answers ]

I attended the wedding of my significant other's sister this summer. His sister and his ex-wife have remained friends since their divorce over 5 years ago. My significant others ex-wife was a member of the bridal party. He and I are not married yet. However, we have been together for 5 years. ...

Can I get remarried legally yet? [ 2 Answers ]

I filed for divorce last year due to extreme abuse from my ex spouse. I am very religious so bear with me here, At any rate during my legal separation which lasted over 6 months, I became very close to a male friend. We kept our relationship appropriate (never and kind of sexually contact) etc....

Will I be able to get remarried [ 4 Answers ]

Will I be able to get remarried while my divorce is in progress

Recently remarried [ 2 Answers ]

I recently got remarried and my sons father would like to sign over his rights to him. How do we go about doing this so that he can adopt him? Also, my daughters father is in prison serving a 35 year sentence, does he have any rights or can my husband also adopt her?

View more questions Search