Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommatracy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 12:32 PM
    Firm and tighten
    I am 5'3 and 120 pounds. I am not fat but out of shape. My stomace is my problem area and I'm tired of tucking my rolls into my pants when sitting haha. What is the best work out for abs and legs that doesn't cost anything?
    Ladyviper Posts: 221, Reputation: 36

Jun 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Personally, I think it is pilates and yoga. Both require no up front cost, but you can purchase items to help you along the way.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 08:06 AM
    And you can often get yoga and pilates videos from your local library for a free two or three week loan.

Most good ab work doesn't require anything by a plan, good form, and effort. Bicycle or pike crunches, plank, pilates-style situps and half rollbacks are all good for the core.

The Stott Pilates: The Secret to Flat Abs is a good dvd. You can find it on Amazon or online for a few dollars (under $8 last time I looked). I know you said you didn't want to spend money, but its an option.
    mommatracy Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2008, 08:45 PM
    I went to the video story and rented a free yoga core workout video. I have tried it once an it had effect on my body, I was soar, my heart rate was up, and I was sweating and that was only 20 min. if even! Haha I haven't tried it again I must force myself. Having a 2 year old I find him a workout in and of itself so well see if I can stick to it!
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommatracy
    I went to the video story and rented a free yoga core workout video. I have tried it once an it had effect on my body, I was soar, my heart rate was up, and I was sweating and that was only 20 min. if even! haha I haven't tried it again I must force myself. having a 2 year old I find him a workout in and of itself so well see if I can stick to it!

That's the key... sticking with it! Keep up the good work!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mommatracy
    I went to the video story and rented a free yoga core workout video. I have tried it once an it had effect on my body, I was soar, my heart rate was up, and I was sweating and that was only 20 min. if even! haha I haven't tried it again I must force myself. having a 2 year old I find him a workout in and of itself so well see if I can stick to it!
    Glad to hear it! The earlier you can get it in the better. Not that I said its easier... getting up a little earlier is rough, especially with a little one making your night unpredictable. But getting that workout done early means you are done with it without the ill-do-it-later routine that often falls apart, and you get the benefits of a cranked metabolism earlier in the day when you are eating.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to tighten loose chair legs [ 5 Answers ]

I have a vintage (not sure if it qualifies as antique yet) Duncan Phyfe diningroom set I inherited from my mom. It was in pretty bad shape when I got it. I found an older gentleman who knew how to restore it. It looked beautiful when it was finished but now after a few years, all the chair legs are...

How is the best way to tighten wood chairs [ 3 Answers ]

The legs on two of my kitchen chairs are loose, my husband is out of town so I will have to tighten them myself. I don't have any clamps either, any suggestions?

Toilet Floor Flange Screws loose and will not tighten [ 1 Answers ]

I had a leaking toilet wax seal. Pulled the toilet off cleaned all old wax. I noticed while cleaning wax off that two of the screws securing the floor flange to the subfloor (vinyl covering over a wood substrate) were loose and will not tighten up. I was told that perhaps the when they roughed it...

Clothes dryer tighten belt tension [ 2 Answers ]

We've replaced the belt on our GE model DDP1380 SDMAD clothes dryer, but the belt's too loose. It's the same length as the old, broken belt. Is there any way to increase the tension on the idler pulley?

View more questions Search