Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoals Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Laminate Flooring
    What do I do about laminate flooring that is bucking up?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 05:35 PM
    You will have to first determine where the moisture is coming into the room that is making the flooring buckle up. Until you determine where the moisture is making it's entrance you'll still be at square one.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Twink is right, the moisture has to be fixed first. If the floor does not dry and lay flat after several days you have no other option than to take it up and start over. Be sure to use a proper vapor/moisture barrier under the laminate.
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Jun 16, 2008, 08:59 PM
    Moisture is definitely a cause, but the buckle is coming from the floor being to tight somewhere. Due to swelling from moisture. Most likely in a door way. Under the casing

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laminate flooring [ 2 Answers ]

Our floor is laminate. Just got it put down last week. The cat vomited on it sometime this morning and when we cleaned it up, the floor at the seam had swollen (about 3 to 4 inches). I am drying it with a fan right now. Will that go down or is the floor ruined?

Laminate Flooring [ 7 Answers ]

I need help... I am trying to figure out what is the best brand for me to buy between a 7mm quickstep and a 12mm St James brand. I was told that the 7mm quick step was such a good product that I could go lower in the thickness and it would be just as good as 12mm with other brands. Does anybody...

Laminate Flooring [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I bought some laminate flooring and after about 5-6 months it seems like one area of the floor has air underneath it. We left a .25 inch space around the whole livingroom but we still have a huge problem. What can we do to fix this. It seems like one section of the flooring looks...

Laminate flooring [ 1 Answers ]

I have several sections of laminate flooring that have been chipped.Is there a way to replace just the damaged pieces?:confused:

Laminate flooring [ 5 Answers ]

I am considering installing laminate flooring in my house. My doubt is that we have two dogs and a cat. One of which has accidents. Is laminate flooring better in the long run than carpet, as far as the care and life?

View more questions Search