Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ron Rayeski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 05:52 AM
    Wind load
    How can I calculate wind load on anchor bolts for chain link fence posts?
    Then, how to calculate same load if posts are anchored and buried in 30" of concrete?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2006, 12:50 PM
    If this is a homework question, there's not enough info to answer it. Now, I don't know what the formula would be, but no doubt you'd need at least the shape and size of the posts as well as the shape size and weight of the fence itself, whose wind resitance would also affect the posts.

If, on the other hand, it is a question about a chain link fence you are putting in, then please clarify: Do you have existing concrete already there where the posts would go to bolt into?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wind Loads [ 4 Answers ]

Does anyone out there know how to calculate the wind load on a wooden fence? I have used 12 foot 4 x 4 pressure treated posts set in 4 feet of concrete spaced 8 feet apart. The concrete was poured in a 12 inch in diameter concrete tube. I used a strong concrete mix in the ratio 3:2:2. I want to use...

New A/C loud wind noise velocity on air return [ 1 Answers ]

We are building a vacation home on Eleuthera in the Bahamas (very pretty and very hot). The house is 1000 square feet inside with an exposed beam cathedral ceiling in the main room and 10 foot ceilings in the two bedrooms and a small hallway that connects all three rooms. The Bahamian builder put...

Cpu load 100% [ 2 Answers ]

Hey there, Lately my PC has been running at 100% CPU Load constently. It is the 'System' process that is taking up the load. I tracked it down to the driver ACPI.sys, using process explorer. OS Windows XP Pro CPU P4 2.8Ghz Can anyone think of a way I can fix this problem?

View more questions Search