Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kdw633 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 07:40 AM
    How do I scan a text document in English.
    Packard Bell 1200 plus Scanner = Whenever I scan a document the finished scanned item shows on the comp in total goobledegook. = How do I get it to scan in English as per the document. = thank you in anticipation.
    NB = I thought my scanner was up the creek so I went and bought another one and this is exactly the same= Am I stupid or similar.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 08:25 AM
    Scanners don't speak languages. Everything is a picture to a scanner, just a bunch of small dark and light dots. Scan to some type of picture file, bitmap, or JPG. You may be able to convert to text if you have OCR software. Otherwise its just a picture.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formatting individual text boxes in a locked document [ 6 Answers ]

Text boxes in a locked document. I am wondering if you can change the color and size if the font in an inserted text box in a locked document. I am creating a form to be filled online and having trouble changing the color and size. I have not been able to find help in Word either. I would...

How do I insert text into a scanned document? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can insert text in a scanned document. I have a form I would like to use as a template and be able to fill it in. Thanks, DannybGood:confused:

Adding text to a scanned document in word [ 3 Answers ]

How do I edit (add text, delete sections, etc. ) to a document that I have scanned into Microsoft word word processor?

Scanning text into a Word XP document [ 4 Answers ]

My professor needs to have her published economics instructor's manual scanned into a Word document . What scanner and software is capable of doing this? The office has an old HP ScanJet 4C flatbed scanner. Thanks.

View more questions Search