Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dcheffo Posts: 44, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 04:49 AM
    Inline inducer
    The room over my garage is the furthest room my furnace. It is colder in the winter and hotter I the summer than the res of the house. I am thinking of buying an inducer to boost air flow. Should I install the one with the heater as well? What happens in the summer with air conditioning? Where is the best place to put it in the duct. I know that my half bath is warm enough. But my laundry room and the bonus room are colder.Should I locate is there or at the beginning of that branch. Also what size would I need to handle that area. The bonus room is about 400sq' and the landry is 80sq'. What do you know about zone heat other the it being expensive.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Mar 13, 2006, 08:27 AM
    The best place to put a booster is in the duct as close to the area (Room) that you want to increase airflow. This will pull the air through the ductwork, instead of having to push it all the way through it. Much more efficient way to do it. You will want to wire it into the system blower so that it cycles on and off with the blower, heat or cool. This can be accomplished using relays. Zone Heating and AC is a good option if you are doing it with new construction, but very costly in established homes. That is not to say it cannot be done, but it does require some extra planning, in that you must find the physical room for the equipment, Ductwork, Etc. You may want to consider a through the wall self-contained heating and AC unit for the 400 Sq. Ft. room. It would be much cheaper then installing a separate furnace and AC unit, Ductwork and nessesary wiring for it. Hope this helps... Visit any HVAC supply house and they will have what you need for the booster. Depending on the type, (round, square duct), current equipment, Etc. they can tell you what size you will need.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2006, 09:58 AM
    Locate the inducer between the warm enough bath and the first outlet where the room is cold. For a fan only unit likely you can tap into an existing circuit. A unit with an electric heating unit likely will mean running a new circuit. You will also a relay and wire its coil into the furnace blower control circuit. Often heat and A/C use separate relays to control different coils for a higher speed on fan and A/C than heat.
    rickdb1 Posts: 185, Reputation: 15

Mar 13, 2006, 12:52 PM
    I'm done...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inducer motor overheats (carrier brand furnance) [ 10 Answers ]

I replaced my inducer motor on my furnace due to the old one was bounding up. Now the new one runs find in low speed but once the furnace kicks into the second stage the inducer motor shuts down(in high speed) which I believe the thermal overload(built in) opens causing my furnace shut down. When...

Inducer motor not functioning consistently [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier 58 RAV downflow furnace. When the thermostat calls for heat the inducer functions inconsistently. Sometimes (though rarely) it functions completely normally, and the ignition sequence occurs properly. But most of the time it either cuts off in the middle of the purge period, or...

View more questions Search