Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    theresaaddison Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 05:07 AM
    Admiral Dryer squeaking when first started
    I have the following symptoms, my Dryer is an Admiral model number ADE7005AYW, and it squeaks when first started. It only squeaks for the first 5 minutes or so, then it settles down with some minor squeaking periodically. Will the fix from applguy back in 2006 work with this model as well? If so where would I get the parts? If not, what might be the problem with this dryer?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 03:04 AM
    As I have no idea to what you refer with the appliguy fix 2006... :

1 - check the driving belt if it is not frayed. If so replace the belt.

2 - empty the drum. Remove the belt from the drum (make sure you know how it is properly installed, to allow re-installation).

3 - if the drum can be rotated without squeaking when it is empty (try later also filled with laundry), the problem is not in the drum bearing. If it squeaks, the problem is in the main drum bearing that ran dry. Spray some oil, or better apply a little grease to it.

Success !

As you failed to provide any type number, please read the service manual instructions, available from Sears.
    (The Sears website - Service)
    theresaaddison Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 08:29 AM
    Thank you so much for the answer. I broke it all down and the belt is fine, the drum rotated without squeaking. When I filled it with wet clothes, it didn't squeak right away after running. After about 10 minutes, I had a fairly quiet squeak. I was thinking it was a lubrication issue. What do you think? I'm not sure what you mean by type number but I did provide the model number ADE7005AYW. It is an electric dryer.
    awesomagic Posts: 69, Reputation: 46

Nov 21, 2011, 09:09 PM
    I have a similar problem with the same brand and model dryer. The difference is that my dryer will squeal for about thirty seconds upon starting. During this time the drum will not turn. Eventually the drum will begin to turn and the squeal stops. In the middle of the drying cycle the drum will stop a few times and the squeal will start again for about five seconds, then the drum will resume turning. I am not even going to attempt to fix it myself. I'll hire the work done so I don't create a fire hazard. I don't know what the problem is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Horrific squeaking dryer [ 3 Answers ]

My mother has a stackable Kenmore washer and dryer. I'm not able to locate any booklets on the model around the house. Currently every time we attempt to use the dryer... within a matter of seconds it begins this horrible high pitched squeaking. She has ordered a new belt in hopes if we replace it,...

Frigidaire Dryer Squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn my dryer on it squeaks for most of the cycle. Now it sounds like it wants to turn on but doesn't and then clicks as if overheated. Unplugging and time seem to do the trick but this is getting to be too much. Model # FDE7970EW1

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

View more questions Search