Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manonmcd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 04:05 AM
    German Passport Application
    As a South African passport holder, I would like to find out if I qualify for ancestral german passport as both my parents are German but live in Cape Town. How do I apply? I currently reside in UAE and is it possible to apply from Dubai?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Did your mother report birth to the German embassy when you were born?
    Your parents must contact the nearest embassy... you can't do it on your own.. sorry.
    manonmcd Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2008, 11:35 PM
    Thank you so much for your response. I will be visiting my mother in Cape Town in August and will ask her to start the process.
    Kind regards

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

German Passport if Married to German [ 2 Answers ]

I am married to a German. I am holder of a Lebanese Passport. My Wife and I live outside Germany. Can I get the German Passport?

Grandparents were German Jews - Can I get a German Passport? [ 2 Answers ]

I know a few years ago there was a program that allowed children and grandchildren of Holocaust-era German Jews to apply and receive German passports. I cannot find any information about this on the internet, but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. My father's parents both...

My father is German, Can I get a German Passport and how? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I want to get a German Passport. My father is German , living in Australia. What do I need to gain a German Passport. >Moved from Forum Help<

View more questions Search