Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Confused with Electrical Connection to my new Steam Generator
    Hello, I just purchased a new replacement Steam Generator for my Master Shower. It is installed in the attic about 40' from main service panel. Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the electrical connections on the old Steam unit and simply untied all wires and removed the old unit. I didn't not touch anything inside the main service panel - except flipping the breakers off. Now, I am ready to install my new unit and - I am puzzled. There are too many points of connection at the new Steam Unit ( 7 ) and only 4 wires. Please, help in plain language. Thanks in advance! Milo

Here are the specs:
    New Steam Unit: 208/240, Single Phase, 8KW, 40 AMPs
    Existing Elec. Supply Wiring: #6 (romex type) cable with 1 black, 1 red, 1 white, 1 green - copper stranded wires
    Points of Connection at the New Steamer are: Ground, A, B, N, L1, L2, L3.
    A & B have factory pre-installed jumper.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2008, 02:18 AM
    If all else fails read the instructions.

Markings are consistent with 3 phase, or marked for both. e.g. The company makes single and 3 phase units. So, ignore A,B and L3.

Ground = green
    White = N
    Black = L1
    Red = L2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Steam generator iron filters [ 1 Answers ]

Do all steam generator irons need replaceable filters? Are there any steam generator irons I can buy that do not need a replaceable filter, as I do not want to spend money buying filters every month or 6 month.

Stove hood Electrical connection [ 1 Answers ]

HI: I replaced a microwave with a stove hood. To connect the hood I used a 15V 14 gauge extension with a plug and exposed wires at the other end which I purchased from home depot. The receptacle which was used for the microwave is a 20 Amp with a 20 Amp breaker. Is the 15V extension OK? If not...

Range Hood Electrical Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I am replacing my microwave above the stove with a range hood. The only problem is, how do I connect the wires from the new hood? I currently have an outlet where the microwave was plugged into. Any suggestions? Thanks

Bush steam generator [ 1 Answers ]

I have bought a bush steam generator believing it to be in working order. No steam comes out. It makes a loud noise when I press the steam button and the filter cartridge is brown. Could this be the problem ? Help please.

View more questions Search