Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SKYE230 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2006, 06:35 PM
    92 Honda suddenly stops
    The problem with this car is driving me crazy. Car starts I am driving for a while and just stops. One time it happened at a red light another time while I was driving. When it stops the radio is still playing, I can use the hazzard lights but the power stearing is out. After a while, it starts and it could be fine for weeks and then suddenly it just stops again. Brought it to the mechanic who says he can find nothing wrong. I asked him to change the ignition relay switch because I read online that can be the problem. Wanted him to change the distributor because that is another reason this can happen that I read. He will not change distributor. Told me to drive the car and see what happens after the ignition relay switch was changed. I am afraid to drive this car far from home because I do not want to get stuck in the middle of the street or on the highway. Help! What is wrong? :eek:
    angie7998 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2006, 02:33 PM
    I also have a 92 honda accord and have owned this car for about 8 years and have had this happen 3 times in 8 years. The first 2 times I just changed out the distributor and that was the problem, This last most recent time it happened I changed out the relay and that did absolutely nothing so I changed out the distributor and the ignition coil and checked my timing and for the current moment it seems to be okay. Hasn't died on me since last Friday :) ,
    v-tec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 15, 2006, 01:49 AM
    I have a 92 civic, its been doing the same the past month or so,it just cuts out while driving or stopped at lights but not all the time.left it with 3 different mechanics,the drove the car and it was fine.got temp sensors cahnged,it was still the same.got a diagnostic test done and no faults showed up.I changed distributor,disconnected immobiliser from alarm system and its still the same. I'm going to try changing the fuel pump and ecu. Anyone any ideas after that?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic suddenly cuts out while driving [ 37 Answers ]

I have a 1991 honda civic dx. Worked great until last week when I was stopped at a red light and the engine just cut out. Restarted OK. Then I was cruising down the freeway and the engine suddenly cut out again. I pulled over into the shoulder and it started fine. Now, I can't make a 5 minute...

1988 Honda Civic DX - Starts & Stops [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having problems getting my Civic to run consistently. It will run for about 3-4 miles and then stall out and won't start again until it cools off for a couple of hours. When I try to restart it, it sounds like it's going to start but it just won't go all the way. It goes through more coolant...

94 honda civic stops at 5100 RPM'S [ 2 Answers ]

When acelerating any gear the engine hits 5100 rpm and won't go any higher like there is a limiter my dad says that it is the distributer cap and rotor and I wanted another opinion thanks in advanced.

1993 Civic EX suddenly stops running and won't re-start [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, My girlfriend's Honda Civic (1993 EX model) died within 3 blocks of her workplace the other day. Not being able to troubleshoot the problem in 5 deg weather, I towed it to my house to have a closer look. The car turns over just fine... the engine is not seized, the starter works fine...

View more questions Search