Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superkid778 Posts: 47, Reputation: 2

Jun 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Murray 17hp 42 tractor problem
    My Murray will start and run great, but when I shut it off, it will not start back up until it sits overnight... the engine will just spin and you can smell gas, but no start... I have recently replaced the coil, spark plugs, deck belt, motion drive belt, both idler pulleys... another thing is that the clutch does not stop the mower or slow it down... it will change gears fine but no brakes at all... what can I do to check out and correct these problems? Thanks and God bless!

<moved from Lawn & Garden>

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs & Stratton 17hp Lawn Tractor [ 6 Answers ]

Why is gas leaking into air filter at low throttle?

Murray 17hp 42 widebody questions... [ 2 Answers ]

The decal under the seat is worn off... where can I look to get the model number? The Murray is a 17hp 42in cut widebody and is probably 5-8 years old... I need to replace the drive belt... I have very little clutch left and you cannot start in any gear higher than 4th (out of 6)... I need the...

17hp briggs & stratton bolens lawn tractor will not start? [ 2 Answers ]

Recently purchased a Bolens lawn tractor w/ a 17 hp briggs and stratton. It does not have spark. Have put in a new plug with no results. Need suggestions what to try next. Thanks!

Belt for Murray 17hp 42 widebody [ 1 Answers ]

I need the blade belt for a Murray 17hp twin(42A707) 42 inch cut "Widebody". The old one stretched and broke and I cannot read any numbers on it. Can somebody help me and give me the right part number?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.