Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Elizabeth36 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 10:51 AM
    Norethisterone to delay periods
    I took norethisterone to try and reset my periods before I go on holiday. (Didn't want to brave the side effects and take them while on holiday) Took it for 7 days and delayed my period by 6 days.

Can anyone confirm when my next period will be due. Is it 28 days from when the delayed period started or does it get messed up completely.

Also, in spite of finishing my period a couple of days ago, I am getting a very faint pink/brown discharge. Is this normal?

I am really worried now that I have messed things up for my holiday as I am no longer sure that with this discharge, my cycle is now back on track.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I am feeling really worried about this!

E
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 08:25 PM
    You really should not mess with your cycle like that..

Sorry I don't know much about this drug or its side effects.
    nacl78 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2012, 12:40 PM
    I took norethisterone (also called norethindrone, primolut-N, promount, aygestin, and other names) about two months ago because I wanted to reset my period so that it does not fall on my wedding day. And I wanted to do it a couple months ahead of time just to be on the safe side.

It completely worked. I took 5mg 3 times a day for 2 weeks. I started 2-3 days before my period was set to start.
    3 days after I stopped taking it, I got my period. Exactly 29 days after that, I got my next period.

So it completely reset my cycle. Every girl is different, however for me I did not experience any side effects except the PMS I was having right before my period when away when I started taking the pills (mainly insomnia and bloating).

To get a period, your progesterone needs to drop suddenly. By taking norethisterone (which is a synthetic progesterone) you prevent that drop (and also I suppose the pms symptoms that come with it). When you stop taking it. Don't take it for more than two weeks.

Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Norethisterone for delay period [ 4 Answers ]

I start using norethisterone 5MG to delay my period last week as using it 3 time a day.I still getting light brown discharge now & then after a week using them,can anybody tell me why

Is this possible to delay or early periods [ 1 Answers ]

:( Hi! I'm going for holidays. I want that my periods come early is this possible. If yes what is the name of the medicine. Thanks please help me.

Heavy Periods, then Two periods? Emotional! [ 2 Answers ]

I have always had normal periods until now. I just turned 36 on Jan. 11, 2007. During Oct & Nov of 06 my monthly cycle was normal expect that I noticed I had heavy bleeding and more cramping. (heavy meaning soaking 1 or more tampon per hour). Dec was back to normal. Great. Well happy birthday to...

Delay Periods [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guyz, I'm new here. How happy I am when I saw a site like this. It's really cool. By the way please give me advice. As of now my questions is regarding women's health. For two months I don't have my menstruation. I try to undergo pregnancy test but its still negative. I would like to...

View more questions Search