Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2008, 10:05 AM
    Has anyone else used GearPlier Set (KD 3836)?
    I have never been as disappointed with a tool purchase as I am with the 15 Pc. Master GearPlier Set (KD 3836). I bought it, primarily, to help others change radiator and heater hoses. I expected great things, particularly from the H.D. hose clamp plier tip. I envisioned it making my life easier changing heater and radiator hoses in cramped locations. My experience was that the hose clamp tips, and the H.D. hose clamp plier tip, are virtually useless. In real life applications, both were way too bulky (large) to be of any use. Including two angled tips, without providing a straight tip, makes little sense to me. Except for the easy to remove top radiator hose, I couldn't use them to remove even one radiator or heater hose clamp. The jury is still out on the other tips.

I suspect KD Tools only lab tested, not field tested, the tools, before marketing. It was a good idea but poor execution. For such an expensive set ($180), the quality of Danaher Corporation's tools has dropped, in my opinion. Be very careful buying tools today--things are getting gimmicky.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 09:12 PM
    I haven't used that particular set, but I have other Danaher tools. My tool mantra is "It's all crap. If you can afford it, it probably ain't worth having." I feel this is especially true if the company producing it does infomercials.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search