Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    copingdaily Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 10:03 AM
    Euro Cup -laguage spoken?
    When a Spanish player, a Swedish player and a Dutch referee are having a discussion, what language are they using?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 11:08 AM
    English!
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 01:34 PM
    I sometimes think they have a language all of their own...

But usually English
    SKLM10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2008, 06:54 AM

Most of the time, it's English, but other times, they can use sign language.

For example, when a Brazilian joins an English club, he obviously won't know perfect English, so he'll make a gesture to his teammates, or to the ref. Like if a corner is given, and the Brazilian wants to take it, he'll point to himself, then to the flag, letting his teammates know he'll take the corner, since he hasn't learned the language yet, and can't say "I'll take it".

That's what I've been told anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Spoken English [ 4 Answers ]

I am doing third year engineering from pune. I am very good in my academic studies,but I am facing problem in spoken english. I need to work on my pronounsations also. So kindly help me for improving my spoken english so that I can speak as fluently as my mothertounge.

My son hasn't spoken to me in almost a year [ 21 Answers ]

My son is 24 years old. I have always been there for him. His father and I split when he was 12 and his sister 17. I raised them pretty much on my own before then anyway- my ex was a mechanic who would rather find any excuse than be home with his family. He used to stay late at work doing side...

My son hasn't spoken to me in almost a year [ 4 Answers ]

I need advice. I am trying not to get TOO excited because it might not even happen. I e-mailed my son a week ago- did not think I would get a reply, but decided to give it a shot. I asked him just how long he plans on punishing me by not having anything to do with me. I e-mailed him from work. I...

Spoken english [ 1 Answers ]

May I know how a call centre executive converse with a cosutomer

Spoken English [ 4 Answers ]

Please tell me what the following mean grammatically (1)he should have been going. (2)he can have done.

View more questions Search