Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 08:19 AM
    WHERE in the Bible are the scriptures about homosexuality?
    I'm not really posting this to debate further what is already in a couple of other threads... but I WOULD like to know what particular scriptures are always being used to justify the anti-gay feeling in Christianity.

The ONLY story I can come up with is the story of Sodom and Gamorrah--so someone please help me out here.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Romans chapter one

but as I said people label 'sin' in degrees such as stealing is a lesser sin than killing.
    Not so much that all sins are equal because obviously killing is worse than stealing a piece of candy
    BUT the issue is more like you believe God or you do not.
    If you do not believe then it doesn't matter to you if you please him with your actions/behaviors.

God's intent is husband and wife anything out side of marriage God considers sin.
    The Bible says we all fall short.
    Basically 'sin' is a result of our hearts not being right with God and therefore we follow
    what the Bible calls the lusts of the flesh. So it isn't so much the sin as our hearts not right with God in the first place.
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Where are your quotation marks and chapter and verse?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:13 PM
    Sorry I hadn't looked it up to post yet.

Romans 1
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenant breakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Basically God calls the marriage between a man and a woman holy and sanctified
    Anything else --adultery, fornication, homosexuality he calls sin.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
    1 Corinthians 6:9 (Read all of 1 Corinthians 6)
    Or don't you know that the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexuals,
    How relevant is this verse to your query?

1 Timothy 1:10 (Read all of 1 Timothy 1)
    For the sexually immoral, for homosexuals, for slave-traders, for liars, for perjurers, and for any other thing contrary to the sound doctrine;

I have just included two from the new testement, to show that it includes it after Christ. The bible is very very clear that homosexual behavior is not acceptable, and those doing it will not be saved.

So to further this, any of the make believe Christians who want to be gay and say they are christians are not really since they deny the very teachings of the bible.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
    Thanks, Sapph!
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 12:19 PM
    These are not Jesus' words; they are words of a former pharisee and his follower, Tim.

Let's see some of Jesus Christ's words, after all it is Christianity, not Judaism-Revised.
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:30 PM
    How about Repent and be baptised. So knowing it is a sin, they need to repent, Jesus loves them and will accept them all back after they repent
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
    Thanks, you.

I have some reading to do, now :)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
    WHERE in the Bible are the scriptures about homosexuality?

What value has that knowledge, when we know that the Bible content is (mis)used to support even the wildest and worst claims, while "Commandments" are skipped by believers as they feel needed...

When will believers become themselves examples providing value to the content of the Bible in their thinking and deeds ?

:rolleyes:
    Expert

Jun 14, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Because * in my opinion** some of the homosexuals are still looking for a moral justification and want to be able to claim that the bible does not forbide it.

** not saying this is any of these posters agenda,
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 07:10 PM
    I would like Chapter and Verse of where Jesus teaches/speaks against homosexuality, Chuck.

Thanks,
    -

Jun 15, 2008, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Because * in my opinion** some of the homosexuals are still looking for a moral justification and want to be able to claim that the bible does not forbide it.
    ** not saying this is any of these posters agenda,
    With all respect, but reading back this and other topics on the subject, it is hardly moral justification homosexuals seek for their personal sexual preference, but much more questioning why - specifically orthodox hard-core - Christians are so eager to condemn homosexuality as moraly wrong.
    Just belief in God and/or the Bible is not sufficient for that, as all Christians have besides their belief also a brain that can be used to (in)validate their own intolerant position towards homosexuals.

Expert

Jun 15, 2008, 06:06 AM
    But for a Christian and it should be for all, the bible is the final word, the guideline to compare behavior to and the way of life for us to follow.
    The bible is not and can never be just one item used, it is the deciding factor when other things disagree.

As for Jesus, the bible says in many places, the bible being inspired by God, you either accept God's word or you don't.
    Ultra Member

Jun 15, 2008, 11:14 AM
    So, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality.
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 05:13 PM
    But for a Christian and it should be for all, the bible is the final word, the guideline to compare behavior to and the way of life for us to follow.
    For a Christian it should be. And you BELIEVE it should be for all...

:D
    -

Jun 16, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    So, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality.
    Where some of the disciples not rather "funny" guys ?

Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 05:20 PM
    I am sure Peter had a lot of great jobs about the shepherd and the tax collector, but no if they were gay or homosexual at any point they would have repented from that sin as they did all the old sin in their life, but no we are not told that was any of their sin, but other sexual sin, such as a harlot is addressed.
    -

Jun 18, 2008, 01:41 AM
    I am sure Peter had ...
    You are sure... Based on WHAT ?

;)
    sassyT Posts: 184, Reputation: 7

Jun 18, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Choux
    These are not Jesus' words; they are words of a former pharisee and his follower, Tim.

So, Jesus never said anything about homosexuality

Let's see some of Jesus Christ's words, after all it is Christianity, not Judaism-Revised.
    There entire Bible, every word is "The Word of God" and since Jesus is God, those are His words.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

List of scriptures re the trinity [ 6 Answers ]

I do not believe in the trinity but I do notice that some few scriptures like John 1:1 and John 8:58, Titus 2:13, also Justin Martyr's Dialogue with Trypho (Catholic translation) call Jesus God. Yet the overwhelming majority of scripture shows Jesus' subjection to the Father. Is it possible to...

Is Homosexuality Wrong? [ 372 Answers ]

Without using religion, citing scripture, or bringing god into the equation, please explain why you believe that homosexuality is wrong, why gays should not have the right to marry, and what kind of impact you feel homosexuality has on society.

Cause of Homosexuality [ 28 Answers ]

Has anyone actually discovered what causes people to be born homosexual ? Is it genetic, a fault in the DNA, what? Is there a cure ?

Topics in homosexuality [ 4 Answers ]

Why do the administrators of AskMeHelpDesk close threads when good conversation is taking place? Recently I was involved in a conversation that was closed because it was "off topic." The original poster asked about the differences between gay and straight people as they pertain to the judgement...

Topic in Homosexuality [ 14 Answers ]

Apparently AMHD can't take criticism either, given the rapid removal of my previous post. Once again, I'd like to express sadness that topics pertinent to a question cannot be discussed if they are deemed too controversial.

View more questions Search