Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 21, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by De Maria
    Rev Phelps? I've never heard of him.
    Of course you have never heard of him...
    And I assume you also never have heard about the intolerance of the RCC with it's inquisition...

:D

·
    De Maria Posts: 1,359, Reputation: 52
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u
    He holds protests and screams hate speech against gays (basically so he gets media attention).

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

To me I think would I hate my child and openly condemn them if they were gay or would I try and love them and pray for them
    Since you would pray for your child, that would indicate you believe homosexuality is wrong and that you believe in God.

Let me ask you then, would you advise your child that being gay is a sin? Or would you consider that to be a lack of love?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 07:57 PM
    I don't see anything wrong in teaching your kids Christian morals and values.
    I am talking about turning people off with the 'God hates gays and they are doomed to hell'.
    I don't see people treating adulterer's or criminals that way.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Credendovidis
    Of course you have never heard of him...
    I've heard of him now. I haven't had time to read the website about him though.

And I assume you also never have heard about the intolerance of the RCC with it's inquisition...
    Anytime you want to debate about what you perceive was wrong with the Inquisition, start a thread on the matter.

But I imagine, you're really not interested in truth or in details. You're just taking another opportunity to throw darts at religion.

Sincerely,

De Maria
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 08:03 PM
    I don't see anything wrong in teaching your kids Christian morals and values.
    Good. I agree.

I am talking about turning people off with the 'God hates gays
    Has anyone on this forum said that God hates gays?

and they are doomed to hell'.
    Do you believe that people who persist in their sins will go to hell? Or do you believe they will go to heaven?

I don't see people treating adulterer's or criminals that way.
    You don't? I don't know what Church you belong to. But I'm Catholic and the Catholic Church says that unrepentant sinners of any kind will condemn themselves to hell.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
    Good. I agree.

Has anyone on this forum said that God hates gays?
    I wasn't referring to this forum but people in general.

Do you believe that people who persist in their sins will go to hell? Or do you believe they will go to heaven?
    That is up to God not saying that he would but it is not up to me

You don't? I don't know what Church you belong to. But I'm Catholic and the Catholic Church says that unrepentant sinners of any kind will condemn themselves to hell.
    BUT that is what the Bible and the church teaching says. I meant I do not SEE/HEAR people openly condemning
    [treating] adulterer's or criminals to the point they turn them further from God. Don't know how you missed my point on that.
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2008, 08:22 PM
    I wasn't referring to this forum but people in general.
    Oh! I see. I guess that's part of our miscommunication. I don't see the same thing from people in general. Mostly what I see is people trying to excuse the behavior.

So, since I don't see it in the general population, I thought you meant in this forum on this thread.

That is up to God not saying that he would but it is not up to me
    Well, I guess the difference between you and I is that I believe God has already revealed His will in that regard. And if my child were a homosexual or an adulterer or whatever, I would feel that out of love for my child it would be my duty to remind him that persistence in that sin would lead him to hell.

BUT that is what the Bible and the church teaching says. I meant I do not SEE/HEAR people openly condemning [treating] adulterer's or criminals to the point they turn them further from God. Don't know how you missed my point on that.
    Nor do I. However, I do see people from our parish and from other Christian affiliations (not from the general population) who do their best to explain why certain behaviors are against the will of God.

Anyway, nice talking to you.

Sincerely,

De Maria

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

List of scriptures re the trinity [ 6 Answers ]

I do not believe in the trinity but I do notice that some few scriptures like John 1:1 and John 8:58, Titus 2:13, also Justin Martyr's Dialogue with Trypho (Catholic translation) call Jesus God. Yet the overwhelming majority of scripture shows Jesus' subjection to the Father. Is it possible to...

Is Homosexuality Wrong? [ 372 Answers ]

Without using religion, citing scripture, or bringing god into the equation, please explain why you believe that homosexuality is wrong, why gays should not have the right to marry, and what kind of impact you feel homosexuality has on society.

Cause of Homosexuality [ 28 Answers ]

Has anyone actually discovered what causes people to be born homosexual ? Is it genetic, a fault in the DNA, what? Is there a cure ?

Topics in homosexuality [ 4 Answers ]

Why do the administrators of AskMeHelpDesk close threads when good conversation is taking place? Recently I was involved in a conversation that was closed because it was "off topic." The original poster asked about the differences between gay and straight people as they pertain to the judgement...

Topic in Homosexuality [ 14 Answers ]

Apparently AMHD can't take criticism either, given the rapid removal of my previous post. Once again, I'd like to express sadness that topics pertinent to a question cannot be discussed if they are deemed too controversial.

View more questions Search