Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    digitaldeva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Reason for IE could not open the search page
    When I surf the internet go through my laptop using win xp I view the error of internet explorer could not open the search page may I know the reason for this?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 08:15 PM
    More info, what page are you trying to go to when an error comes up? Can you use the internet?

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any software or hardware that you installed or setup
    DaBaAd Posts: 271, Reputation: 36

Jun 13, 2008, 08:47 PM
    Is the modem on? Is the router on? Is it wireless or wired? Many reasons are a possibility.
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Jun 23, 2008, 08:07 PM
    To have 1 or more BHOs installed. On the browser, click View Toolbars. You will likely see one (or more) of the following help/search/too-bars: Yahoo, Google, MSN, AOL, etc, etc. Uncheck them.

Better yet, go to msconfig > Startup (folder) and uncheck the above "parasites"...

P2E

Help/search/too-bar
    twilcox Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Jun 28, 2008, 03:16 PM
    You'll typically get this when your computer isn't connected to the Internet. Make sure that you're connected to the Internet before trying to visit any site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet Explorer Could not open the search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Lenovo 3000 N100 laptop that is running Win XP SP2 which was formated recently. I do not have the restore CD so I proceeded to the Lenovo site to download the drivers. I downloaded from the internet, the wireless and Ethernet drivers using my desktop PC and installed both on the...

Internet explorer could not open the search page [ 1 Answers ]

I have IBM laptop (Thinkpad) .& I have problem with Internet explorer the problem is coming that "Internet explorer could not open the search page ."

IE can not open search page [ 1 Answers ]

Internet explorer 6(sp2) error msg: Internet explorer can not open search page.

Internet Explorer cannot open search page [ 6 Answers ]

Hello Everyone... I have set up 3 computers for Internet and the 3rd one does not work correctly when going out to the Internet. I am able to dial out and connect with my provider (Chilitech) and even get the main page from Chilitech. When I go to click on a link or anything off the main page -...

Internet Explorer could not open search page [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody tell me how to get rid of this dirty message "Internet Explorer could not open search page", I am really pissed of with this message, Can anyone help me please Thanks well in advance Andy

View more questions Search