I need to lose weight
    How do I lose weight in about a month? I need to see results fast:(
    blacktalon Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jun 13, 2008, 05:22 PM
    Quit eating
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 05:26 PM
    I don't know what you mean by fast results, or how much you need to lose. But if you want permanent results, it's a matter of smaller portions of healthier foods. Losing weight takes time, 2-3 lbs a week is the safest way to get permanent results. Cutting out high sugar products, like soda and sweets, fried, fatty and, most fast foods, as well as all processed foods. And leaning how to read nutritional labels and sticking to one portion serving. Add legumes and bean for added protein. You need small portion of lean meats, like skinless chicken, turkey breast, fish, loin type meats, (3 oz. per serving,) along with fruits and veggies. You also need to include at least 3 servings of low fat/skim milk, cheese and yogurt. Snack on small amounts of nuts, seeds fruits or veggies. Drink a lot of water throughout the day. And exercise 30-60 minutes 3-4 times a week. Make sure you eat a healthy breakfast and don't miss any meals. Fast results will only get you short term results, of water loss and no body fat loss, that will come back... fast..
    drjones2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by amrvhf
    how do i lose weight in about a month? i need to see results fast:(
    Start with weighing yourself every two weeks and reduce your caloric in take. That should get you started. Then join a jim and get frist fitness training free.
    Sanjay Persad Posts: 110, Reputation: 0

Jun 14, 2008, 10:15 AM
    I'm sure u can just Google "how to lose weight fast" and read what the articles say. I highly doubt u're d only person who has asked this question so I'm sure there is tons of good advice online. U can do your research first and then ask questions based on that if u're unsure.
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktalon
    quit eating
    blacktalon; I'm not going to give you a negative rating, but this is a Help site, and your answer doesn't help, so please, think about this in the future answers you give.

Jun 14, 2008, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelesspa
    blacktalon; I'm not going to give you a negative rating, but this is a Help site, and your answer doesn't help, so please, think about this in the future answers you give.
    Please forgive me if I somehow offended you. However, I will stand by my statement because it is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Maybe I should have elaborated further but the truth still remains "quit eating or eat in moderation". There have been many people who have stopped eating for a specified period with no known ill effects. As for the jim, that is a bunch of baloney. Take a walk every day, stay busy/creative. EATING IS A HABIT and being overweight is the result unless there is an underlying medical issue. Besides, what faster way is there to lose weight than to quit eating?
    Ultra Member

Jun 14, 2008, 03:13 PM
    You didn't offend me, but your telling people to quit eating is just plain irresponsible advice. When you "quit" eating altogether your body gets no nutrients! Our bodies need somewhere around 12-13 Vitamins, (4 are fat soluble, at least 9 are water soluble), Fat soluble are stored in your body fat A D E K, and about 13-15 Minerals to operate effectively, we need this nutrients to avoid diseases, for instance, as well as combat fatigue, if we don't eat our energy levels crash and we weaken.
    The three basics our bodies need are carbs, fats and protein.
    Carbs from whole grains, pasta, legumes, fresh fruits, and veggies, since this kind of carbs have more vitamin, minerals and fiber.
    Proteins are necessary for building the tissues in your body, (muscles, organs, skin and some parts of your immune system).
    Fats are necessary for the membranes that surround the cells in your body, brain and nerve functions and sending signals to hormones. Our body needs calcium, in dairy, green leafy veggies, and fiber, in fresh fruit, veggies, whole grain products.
    Now if your not eating, your putting your body in total starvation mode and endangering your health. There are ways to lose weight that are safe and eating smaller portions of healthy foods on a regular schedule through the day and exercise have worked for millions of people.

Jun 14, 2008, 06:03 PM
    Please forgive me if I somehow offended you. However, I will stand by my statement because it is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Maybe I should have elaborated further but the truth still remains "quit eating or eat in moderation". There have been many people who have stopped eating for a specified period of time with no known ill effects. As for the jim, that is a bunch of baloney. Take a walk every day, stay busy/creative. EATING IS A HABIT and being overweight is the result unless there is an underlying medical issue. Besides, what faster way is there to lose weight than to quit eating?
    Blacktalon your advice is irrational and absurb. This shows what little you know of nutrition and general fitness. You can't tell someone to starve themselves. What happens if they do that and they have a deficit of vitamins, and vital nutrients are depleted and they become ill? How do you expect one to survive without food? Please do not post crap especially when you don't know what the heck you are talking about.
    westnlas Posts: 322, Reputation: 25

Jun 14, 2008, 06:44 PM
    Healthy eating and exercise of course makes sense. However to lose a lot of weight quickly is difficult and possibly dangerous. I have read that jockeys used to jog in rubber suits in order to sweat out a few pounds of water weight. Since water weighs 7.5 pounds to a gallon, you would need to lose a lot of water! I am on a weight watcher's type program. I have an allowable number of food points a day. I can eat anything I want as long as I stay at the point level. Foods have different values. Salad without dressing is 0 for instance. You need to fill up, so you eat healthier. My wife has lost 15 pounds and I lost 11, but it takes time. Good luck and great success.

Jun 14, 2008, 06:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Persad
    Blacktalon your advice is irrational and absurb. This shows what little you know of nutrition and general fitness. You can't tell someone to starve themselves. What happens if they do that and they have a deficit of vitamins, and vital nutrients are depleted and they become ill? How do you expect one to survive without food? Please do not post crap especially when you don't know what the heck you are talking about.
    OK, you got me. I'm not going to spar with the experts in the nutritional area. I will continue to go without food in order to lose weight fast like I have done and many others have done and accomplished their goal. When I lost weight I supplemented my intake with vitamins and minerals necessary for the body. As for general fitness, I probably know about as much as you do concerning this issue and you sure don't have to belong to a fitness center in order to get proper exercise. Anyway, you can lose weight the way you desire and I'll do the same. I didn't mean you could go without any food intake for weeks but two or three days has not done any damage to my body that my doctor is aware of. But, a person should do what they and their doctor feel comfortable with period.

Jun 14, 2008, 06:54 PM
    OK, you got me. I'm not going to spar with the experts in the nutritional area. I will continue to go without food in order to lose weight fast like I have done and many others have done and accomplished their goal. When I lost weight I supplemented my intake with vitamins and minerals neccessary for the body. As for general fitness, I probably know about as much as you do concerning this issue and you sure don't have to belong to a fitness center in order to get proper excercise. Anyway, you can lose weight the way you desire and i'll do the same. I didn't mean you could go without any food intake for weeks but two or three days has not done any damage to my body that my doctor is aware of. But, a person should do what they and their doctor feel comfortable with period.
    I trust that you know when you stop eating for like 2 days your metabolism would obviously decrease and your body stores food as fat so you end up losing weight but you would have minimal muscle mass and just a load of stomach flab... lol.

Anyway whatever works for you go 4 it.
    jolee523 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Just to let you know in advance, I have not answered many questions yet, but I am familiar with weight gain and lose. I read the responses posted, and was very disappointed. First off try your best to lose what you can before the event. Personally I would start by setting aside at least a half hour for cardio such as: walking, using an elliptical, jump rope, or exercise videos. If you can afford a class like cardio kickboxing it is not as hard as you think it is trust me. Try to find a friend to work out with also, it will make it so much easier. Then some weight training and ab exercises, only 15 to twenty minutes for both. My favorite book is factor 5; it has great workouts in it and is quick with great results in 5 weeks. The only thing I didn’t like is the diet plan. I hate anything with too much restriction. IF YOU REALLY want to lose the weight try to work out every day. The diet should consist of Protein Such as: chicken or fish meals at dinner like; salmon or tilapia w/ low fat butter or lemon and pepper with green vegetables and 1 cup brown rice or baked sweet potato. Lunch can consist of either salad (spinach w/ cucumbers, mushrooms, walnuts, mandarin oranges, chicken, tuna salad low fat mayo, or olive oil, hardboiled egg, low fat dressing no creamy. OR you can have broth based soup, or sandwich with turkey lettuce, tomato, low fat cheese on rye or whole wheat. Breakfast try oatmeal, milk, low fat whole wheat waffles w/ low fat cream cheese, banana w/ pb, or whole wheat English muffin, easy low fat foods with protein in the morning. For dessert try low fat pudding or jello. If snacks are needed try celery and 2 tbsp Pb, mozzarella sticks low fat, or fruits before 3 pm.Try not to eat 2 hrs before bed. . By the way information has been collected over time and this is what works for me. I work in a pharmacy and try to get advice there, and I also read a lot. Hope this helps don't give up you can do it. Your goal is to lose as much weight as possible before the wedding; you can’t fail unless you just don’t try. For more advice you can contact me at email address jamielee52384@yahoo.
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 06:42 PM
    I think the secret for you is in the way you stated your opening topic you said "I need to lose weight" and you are not really going to lose much weight and keep it off until you change that attitude to "I Want to lose weight"

Losing weight is a change of a lifestyle, and it has to be done in a slow way or it comes right back on. You didn't gain this weight in a very short period and it is going to be the same losing it.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2008, 09:55 PM
    In blacktalon's defense, I guess he/she did answer the question.

Yes, not eating will make you lose weight... so will contracting malaria and/or dysentery.

Want to lose weight? Sure, don't eat. Want to still be alive and healthy and conscious while losing weight? Then read the other posts.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

How to lose weight [ 5 Answers ]

How can you lose 40 pounds in a month? Like how long do you excerise and what kind of food should I quit? I am 5'5" and I am 159 and I want to go down to about 100

Want to lose weight [ 2 Answers ]

It is very hard to not eat sweet treats that's the only thing hurting me from losing weight how can I not think about sweet foods?:confused:

I need to lose serious weight soon [ 7 Answers ]

I currently weight 245 lbs and I am 20 yrs old. I know I am young and I should lose weight fast, but I'm not. I don't have a tiroid problem but I'm wanting to get down to 150lbs at least. Does anyone know what exercise helps lose weight the best. I walk sometimes but it wasn't helping. And what...

Need to lose weight [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a 28 yr old female and I weight 195 and my height is 5'2 and that puts me at an over weight scale. I want to know what is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. Are diet teas good. I just need help on losing weight and comments will be taken

View more questions Search