Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newstudent1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Need to find the total sales
    I must be missing something, how would I determine the total sales with this information?
    My questions involve calculating the degree of operation leverage, the degree of financial leverage, and the degree of combined leverage and how to interpret this value. I for one can not understand how to find the sales to complete the formula to solve the problem.

This is the information we are given.

Fixed operating costs = $5.8 Million
    Variable cost ratio = 0.20
    Bonds outstanding = $2 Million with a coupon rate of 8%.
    Shares of preferred stock = 30,000, pays a $2 annual dividend
    Shares outstanding of common stock = 100,000 shares
    Revenues = $8 Million
    Tax bracket = 40%

Is the sales the $8 Million? Or what?

What ever help I can get I would appreciate
    Thanks.:confused:
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 05:14 PM
    Yes, the sales are $8 million

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find total income tax expense [ 2 Answers ]

This is Tomomi. Could you please help me to understand tax accounting. How to find estimated depreciation expense amount from tax returns form. Thank you.

Calculate the firm [ 1 Answers ]

You have the following information on the You Can Do It Corp.: Current liabilities $100000 Current ratio 2.0 Quick ratio 1.4 Inventory turnover 6x Gross profit margin .20 Given these figures, calculate the firm’s total annual sales (assume that all sales are on credit). Show...

Can't find 'total tax' on Turbo Tax [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone, If you are a Turbo Tax expert or even just know about the software... PLEASE, I need help! I recentely e-filed my 2007 tax returns on Turbo Tax, but since I did not have 2006's tax information, I had to print out a signature page: form 8453-OL On the signature page there is a...

Find total equity for year end? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the equity for the following using the accounting equation? :confused: An company has assets equal to $123,000 and liabilities equal to $47,000 at year end. How do I figure out what the total equity for the year end would be? This is all the information I have available to me. ...

View more questions Search