Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jun 13, 2008, 08:40 AM
    Survival Experience - Alaska Experiment
    Anyone watch that Alaska Experiment show? I'd like to do a survival trip like that to Alaska or some other remote wilderness location and was wondering if anyone has done or knows of any options for it. Getting back to nature and not having to rely on all the modern conviences seems like it would be a great experience.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 13, 2008, 09:17 AM
    I've been there done that. Lived in Alaska for 3 years. What would you like to know?
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Jun 13, 2008, 10:24 AM
    I was looking into something like a survival camp or even renting a secluded cabin somewhere for like a year and experiencing life without traffic, phones, electricity - you know all those things we have come to rely on so much but don't necessarily need to live. Live off the land with just a few basic necessities and tools. Hunt and fish for food, gather fire wood, get water from a stream rather than a faucet. Just don't know where to begin, and even if I would do it.

Tell me about your experience, did you work when you were there? Live off the land? Totally secluded? Near other people?
    tiffspup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 12:16 PM
    Have you been able to take that trip to Alaska yet? I have been obsessed with the thought of living off the bare necessities . I love to hunt and fish and be one with the outdoors, so a trip to Alaska secluded is a life long dream. Any information that you could add to that would be appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil Drilling in Alaska [ 18 Answers ]

What are the pros and cons of drilling oil in Alaska? Should we or shouldn't we?

Survival [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: is it posible to last a day with 2 litres of sugar water. (I think a teacher told me that at school) not to sweet of course but just right :D

Survival 1 [ 1 Answers ]

I need to answer these question 1do as soon as possible 2do within a few days 3can be postponed if necessary 4. can not be delayed Can any one help me with these question

Can we cruise Alaska [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has a felony. We would like to cruise to Alaska but, are not sure if we can get into Canada to board the cruise ship and even just in cruising we would be in Canadian territory so, do you know if we can even go on an Alaskian cruise?

View more questions Search