Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mbell1960 Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2008, 08:06 AM
    I need direction
    I know I've hurt my daughter. I tried to kill myself over a year and 1/2 ago because we were in such debt and I could not see a way out, I fight depression and am bi-polar. My daughter has been very depressed also and I know she is holding things inside of her.

I've gotten her to see a counselor after a long time wanting her to do so. It's so hard to sit and wait and pray that she can work through her issues. What can I do to help her or can I??

I think I am much of the cause of her distress.

I only want the very best for my children, I had no idea the long time effect my actions would cause my children. Was it worth it, NO... what if I had died would that have been worth it, could they have gotten over it. We pay for our mistakes for many years to come over and over again.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 08:16 AM
    We all have to contend with the decisions we make throughout our lives.

Many times, we make the wrong ones.

The good news is, as long as we are still breathing, it is never too late to do everything we can to make amends for some of these poor choices.

If you set your mind to it, you can repair some of this damage, by just being there for your kids when they need you now.

Talk to them about your mistakes, be honest, don't try to sugar coat anything, or make excuses for the bad things, admit your errors, apologize for the things you feel you need to, and let them voice their feelings in an open and honest way.

Anything is possible, if you want it bad enough, and set your mind to it.

Best wishes to you and yours!
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 03:05 PM
    I think that the best place to start is to apologize to her for being a bad parent to her when she needed you most in childhood(put your words in as they pertain). That is where the healing process begins. :)

I have to say that I commend you for your insight and your accepting responsibility... my experience is that many people refuse to face reality and continue to blame just about anything for the results of their actions.

You are a person of excellent character now; I salute you. Today, you speak truth to power. I would anticipate that you will see the growth of a better, happier life over time and you will be a joy to all who know you. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Debts, are just debts, there is no one in the long run that really cares if you pay them or not, If you don't want to hear from debt collectors, just inform them not to every call, or get a number they don't know.
    You can't go to jail for not paying your bills, Never let a bill worry you, pay what you can, and don't pay what you can't,

And the world is never better without anyone, and in the end we also can not change the past, can not even or should not worry about the past, it is over What and all we can do is make tomorrow better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New and need direction - bipolar [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new to this and don't really know where to start. Well Ive been diagnosed with Bipolar 2 disorder, as well as Mi'ana and PTSD. My issue is my fiancé is convinced that I make up symptoms so that I can get attention from him. I don't know how to explain to my fiancé that these disorders...

Need legal direction [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Ohio and mother in law passed away in August 2006. Having problem with attorneys and judge in probate court. Mother in law left Revocable Living Trust along with a pour over will. Judge is making ruling on property held strictly in the Trust which has never been filed with the probate...

Fan direction [ 1 Answers ]

How do you know what way a fan blade goes on a condenser

The right direction... [ 4 Answers ]

I just wanted to thank all of you for your help and support through my vunerability. I kept my doors open and I am finally starting to cross through to the other side. Pete and I seem to be getting even closer. I had not seen him for a couple of days last week and we went out with friends on...

View more questions Search