Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikestocco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2006, 11:37 AM
    Basement rough in?
    Hello,

I just bought a house with a 3 piece rough-in in the basement. I am building a bathroom and as I prepare to do the framing work, I am wondering how much room do I leave from the rough-in toilet drain to the drywall? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2006, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestocco
    Hello,

I just bought a house with a 3 piece rough-in in the basement. I am building a bathroom and as I prepare to do the framing work, i am wondering how much room do i leave from the rough-in toilet drain to the drywall? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    We rough in our toilets at 12" from the center of the stubup to the plate. That would put the rough at 11 1/2" from the finished drywall. If you need more rough in measures click on back. Good luck, Tom

Mar 12, 2006, 08:05 AM
    Thanks Tom, That helps.

If I could bother you one last time. The drain for the shower sticks up from the concrete about 5". I assume when I build the shower, I will have to elevate the shower floor to fit a p trap under. Is this correct? And also would this drain already be vented or do I have to install that as well.

Thanks Tom, You've been a big help so far.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2006, 08:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mikestocco
    Thanks Tom, That helps.

If I could bother you one last time. The drain for the shower sticks up from the concrete about 5". I assume when I build the shower, I will have to elevate the shower floor to fit a p trap under. Is this correct? and also would this drain already be vented or do I have to install that as well.

Thanks Tom, You've been a big help so far.
    Mike, You're going to love my answer.

The showers "P" trap is already installed under the cement and the shower is already wetvented by the lavatory vent that you will install. All you have to do is to, (if you're going to put in a tile shower is to install a flange type shower drain ,(see image) and install the shower pan. If you need more instructions just click on back. Good luck, tom

Mar 13, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Thanks so much Tom, That will definitely make things easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Basement rough in [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to rough in plumbing in my basement for a full bath (toilet, sink, and shower). I live just outside of Chicago so I suspect the plumbing codes are the same as Chicago. Currently in my basement I have two sump pumps and pits, one pump takes care of the drainage around the foundation...

Basement Rough-ins [ 3 Answers ]

I have a house that is 14 years old and it has rough in plumbing in the basement. One for the toilet and one for the shower. Also a stand pipe next to a wall which I assume is the vent. Does the rough in plumbing have the traps below the concrete flooring?

Basement rough [ 11 Answers ]

Hi there I have a question about 2 4" pipes coming out of basement slab... one is raised and on is flush... both ate capped and connect directly to street... I'm prettty sure raised one is clanot but not sure about other... both emmit strong gas when caps removed?

Basement rough-in [ 3 Answers ]

I've seen a few of the posts w/ similar topics, and I think I'm on the right track. Just looking for confirmation from some experts. The center of the tub rough in drain is about 15.5" from the wall I'm puttting in and about 2" from the back wall I'm set to screw down. Question is, will a std....

Basement rough-in: dap out [ 12 Answers ]

Hello, I've spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out if my roughed in bath is missing something or not and wondering if I am going to have to redo any of my framing. I have the 4" and 2" drains in the toilet area and a 12"x12" dap out for the tub. Well I took the cover off the dap out to take...

View more questions Search