Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    def Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2006, 09:49 AM
    Kitchen Sink Water Pressure
    I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 11, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by def
    I attempted to change out my kitchen sink sprayer hose, when I turned the water back on I get ver little water pressure from either hot or cold water.
    Have you removed the aerator and checked the screens? If that don't help I'll need the type, One handle or two knobs? And the brand name plus its age.
    Regards, tom
    def Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Yes, I checked the aerator and cleaned the screens with a toothbrush, but still no help. The faucet is a two handle Delta, probably about 15 years old, I'm pretty sure it is the original equipment installed when the house was built.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Mar 12, 2006, 08:38 AM
    Did you test the pressure with the areator removed? If it was still weak then the problem lies in the cartridge assemblies, (see image). Shut the water off and remove the Delta# 1740 Stem unit assembly and then remove the Delta#4993 seat and spring from the assembly. Once the valve is open turn the water back on to flush out the supplies. You should have a full stream coming out of the open valve body. Now turn your attention to the cartridge and clean out anycrud you may find. If that doesn't get it then take the stem unit assemblies with the seata and springs down tom a Derlta dealer and replace them. Reassemble and test. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink Faucet No Hot Water Pressure [ 4 Answers ]

I have one of the Kitchen Faucets that is also the spray, all in one unit. When the cold water is turned on, the pressure is great, nice and cold. When the handle is turned to Hot, there is barely any pressure and the hot water never comes. I also have a dual sink in the master bedroom and one...

Low water pressure kitchen sink; trickling [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We seem to be having a problem with our kitchen sink. The water pressure seems really low and the water is barely trickling out. We had this problem before, but cleaned out the little screen in the faucet and that seemed to help. This time we removed the Pur water filter so there was no...

Low Hot Water Pressure in Kitchen Sink [ 10 Answers ]

Recently the hot water pressure has gone down only in our kitchensink. A day or two earlier, ew had to turn our water off for some unrelated plumbing work, and when we turned it back on, the hot water pressure was significantly lower, but only in the kitchen (the bathroom tubs and sinks all have...

Low water pressure at kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: recently took kitchen sink out to replace coutertop, the water pressure has been low in kitchen sink ever since. Have checked for foreign objects in line. Dishwasher seems to be working fine.

Little water pressure in the kitchen sink [ 5 Answers ]

I have lttle to no pressure when I turn on the water in the kitchen sink. The cold it really strong. I am clueless and don't know what to do. Please help! :(

View more questions Search